Duro Tires ???

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to get tires for my quad . I really like the " Bighorns" but after some research I think I might like the "Duro Buffalo" . I know they kind of look like bearclaws but my dealer can give a pretty good deal on them. Has any one tried a "Duro" tire ?? Or should I just bite the bullet and buy the " Bighorns" or try the "Duro Power Grips " ?? I do mostly trail riding but will try just about anything from the odd mud hole to climb hills so want a good reliable tire. Oh yeah I also push lots of snow in the winter so want a tire good for traction in snow. :confused::confused:

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard many good things about the Duro tires, but do not have first hand experience. I do have on the Bighorn tires , i would say just go out and buy them, i have had Bearclaws, (2 sets) of ITP XTR radials and many more and find the Bighorn the best of the bunch. They wear like they are made of iron, very punture resistant, good in mud, any really surprise me at how much snow they will pull me through. All in all i'm VERY impressed at how good they are. If you are more into only mud and a little trail, look at the Zilla made by Maxxis.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk with a fella( customer) at Red Deer Yamaha and he upgrade his tires a couple months ago to Big Horns. And he loves them !! :dHe said he could go places that his stockers couldn't. He didn't get a chance to push snow with them but he figured they would do the job. I asked if he had heard about Duro tires. He said he did and they were a decent tire but never used them. What I want to know is do I buy the Duro's ( because of price ) or do I buy Big horn's and if I do which ones, the new 2.0's or just regular Big Horns ?? And where can I get a good deal on them ?? My dealer in Wetaskwin is really good for service but never bought accessories there yet!

blumtn

Reaction score
Bullseye,
If you are going to be riding trails and snow you can not go wrong with the bighorns. We ride all winter long and we run 26 or 27x12x12s. I just put a set of 27x12x14 zillas on my 700 grizz. but I have not been able to ride the really deep stuff to get a good feel yet. The little bit of snow I have ridden in it has done everything the bighorns have done.Going to be riding the next 3 weekends so I hope to find the last of the deep snow to try them. But if you are going to ride snow wide all the way around is the way to go.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I finally bit the bullet and bought tires AND RIMS !!:d:d Believe it or not !! LOL I bought " Super Grip " Super Lites and 5 star rims from Rej at "Super Grip" !! He sure treated me good and was really fair to deal with !! I went with 26" tires, 10" in the back and 9" in the front. I didn't want to over-whelm my 420 as these tires do have 1 1/4 inch tread depth. They seem to fit on the quad quite good ( no rubbing ) and I can't wait to try them out on the trails !! Today I only had time to bolt them on and go for a small rip around the neighbourhood tonite. Darn !!! Hmmm what am I doing tommorrow ??? LOL Man does it make my quad look good, eh ????:cool: What do you guys think of them ???
I will get better pics later as I was in a rush to get this pics tonite !!

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the Pics, Guys !! What a difference, eh !! :d:d

Attachments

• My Quad 1.jpg
    My Quad 1.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 114
  • My Quad 3.jpg
    My Quad 3.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 107

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Nice rims. That alone greatly enhances the appearance of any machine. What brand are they, been thinkin of upgrading the ole trx 350, get rid of the steel stockers.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both the tires and rims are from " Super Grip " . I thought that it would make a difference but not that much of difference. :cool:I think it changes the total look of the quad . I am sure glad I did it now !!

Top Bottom