Duramax parts online in canada?

Irocaz

Reaction score
where are you guys ordering parts from? I prefer online w/ Free shipping or else Edmonton/ Camrose would be local. Getting EFI live and have an exhaust in the shop ready to go in. looking for a pcv and resonator delete kit, EGR delete, cat fuel filter conversion and set of air bags right now

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rockauto.com or gmpartsdirect.com is where I get my stuff that I don't want to buy from the dealer.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anytime anyone orders online a partsman gets laid off!

Agree 100%
But ?
Problem most times the dealer or supplier will never have, as like finning they don't stock. "Overnight from Edmonton for a god dam filter" lol
With sleds really sucked the last few years as you might as well order on line as you had to look up part # 's anyway as no experience behind the till.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really can't disagree with you. with lower pay for the counter people and no training for them
Agree 100%
But ?
Problem most times the dealer or supplier will never have, as like finning they don't stock. "Overnight from Edmonton for a god dam filter" lol
With sleds really sucked the last few years as you might as well order on line as you had to look up part # 's anyway as no experience behind the till.

Irocaz

Reaction score
When I lived in Calgary, I had found a couple good local locations I bought everything from, supported locally 100%. I went to the stores 1-3 times per week and got well known. they were extremely fast, efficient and helpful.

now, It seems where ever I go I get extremely poor service the last 5 years and have gotten very bitter from my experiences with the "Partsman". one location I ordered a $1,000 pin box for my 5th wheel with 2 week delivery, at 2.5 weeks not there yet, 3 weeks not there. At 3.5 weeks they told me they did not order it from the beginning. Apparently Puro refused at the time of order because of weight.....

called a shop for a can to go on a 800ptek, yup lots in stock they said.... sent the wife on a 2 hour(round trip) drive to pick one up before our trip. well parts person did not know the difference between a ptek and etek, surprisingly the wife did though.... it could be ordered in for next week though...... Great

I wish we had more Canadian Online dealers!! I do the research for part numbers myself now anyways 90% of the time, get better costs, get what I want, and don't have to waste time with the unexperienced/ careless attitudes of these guy I have encountered.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parts men are a dying breed. Welcome to Internet parts fiche or online ordering.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I lived in Calgary, I had found a couple good local locations I bought everything from, supported locally 100%. I went to the stores 1-3 times per week and got well known. they were extremely fast, efficient and helpful.

now, It seems where ever I go I get extremely poor service the last 5 years and have gotten very bitter from my experiences with the "Partsman". one location I ordered a $1,000 pin box for my 5th wheel with 2 week delivery, at 2.5 weeks not there yet, 3 weeks not there. At 3.5 weeks they told me they did not order it from the beginning. Apparently Puro refused at the time of order because of weight.....

called a shop for a can to go on a 800ptek, yup lots in stock they said.... sent the wife on a 2 hour(round trip) drive to pick one up before our trip. well parts person did not know the difference between a ptek and etek, surprisingly the wife did though.... it could be ordered in for next week though...... Great

I wish we had more Canadian Online dealers!! I do the research for part numbers myself now anyways 90% of the time, get better costs, get what I want, and don't have to waste time with the unexperienced/ careless attitudes of these guy I have encountered.
I've run into this many of times. Frustrating.

Too many places hire donkey's, like the place I work, that have no mechanical background or parts training.

Top Bottom