Buying Parts Locally

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have bought some parts online and most parts from a local Honda shop ( for the quad) or Artic Cat shop (for the sleds) and wow what a huge price difference. I know that OEM online parts are cheap but shipping and exchange rate (last year) made up for most of the savings unless you bought part orders over say $500 per order (small parts that fit in one non over sized box). I had to do front wheel bearings on the quad yesterday and there was no aftermarket bearing and seal kit available until after the long weekend. I bought OEM Honda parts from the only Calagry Honda shop and it was 150% more than aftermarket NTN kit and 100 % more than OEM Honda parts online. I understand that consumers should try to support the local community business but I can't help but wonder when a person shouled feel ripped off. Less beer and gas money this weekend since the wheel bearing job was over $240 in parts ( 2 bearings and 4 dust seals ) :confused::(:confused:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just had the same issue looking for a wet clutch for my buddies Griz. locally for the clutch and housing only we were looking at about 1000 bucks, tandt was alot better but still crazy. got them out of a place in mich. babbitsonline they are called. allparts bearings, gaskets seals sanprings etc for a complete replace of the wet clutch was 750 bucks, including the outfriggen rageous 180 bucks for shipping..:eek::eek::eek:

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i guess some day, when workers are willing to work for $10 a hour, and all the business costs came down including taxes, more taxes, ei, pension contributions, etc, etc. and if the main warehouses for parts were in Canada, then maybe prices would come down. Right now i'm trying to get a boatload of chinese workers who'll work for $2 a day, put them out into the workforce for a easy $10 a hour and make a killing, and they'll be happy. Lol

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i guess some day, when workers are willing to work for $10 a hour, and all the business costs came down including taxes, more taxes, ei, pension contributions, etc, etc. and if the main warehouses for parts were in Canada, then maybe prices would come down. Right now i'm trying to get a boatload of chinese workers who'll work for $2 a day, put them out into the workforce for a easy $10 a hour and make a killing, and they'll be happy. Lol

Can't say I totally agree. Went to buy some software from Microsoft. State side $499 and won't sell to Canadians. Told me to go to Canadian site @ $649 plus taxes. WTF! Nothing to due with wages and taxes that I can see. And there's more of that type of thing, too.

Marauder01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup its part of being canadian! lol even with our $ so strong compared to the US$

but always OEM dealers will be more expensive because they will ALWAYS have customers... its just the way she goes!

Top Bottom