duramax llm performance

sledheadrevxp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 duramax. Looking for advice on what to do for a chip. Whats best for performance/fuel milage ect. Whats the best way to go. Heard good stuff about efi live. Any advice?Thanks

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a ppe tuner i will sell ya works good but i sold the truck so i dont need it anymore ....i had a bully dog in the truck before and it was really hard on the tranny screwed up big time put the ppe in and it worked awesome .... it has i think seven setting from 30hp to 200 hp or something stupid like that

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard to beat a good efi live tune. And if you dont like the fact that you have to build your own tunes, you can buy pre-built tunes or have a guy like mitch from xtreme fx tuning building you 1 solid tune or 5 switchable on the fly dsp tunes via a knob inside the truck.

For a generic canned tuners you cant beat a PPE. for power and functionability.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Efi is the best way to go on these dmaxes! I have run all the other brands ppe is great for power but puts egt temps way up and is such an expensive tuner for what you get. H&S is another great brand for the chevs. I have efi in my truck 2010 lmm built by nick at duramaxtuner.com and it is amazing I put this program in my truck after I took the ppe out at 5000 km's i'm now at 98,000 with all emmisions and egr deleted and have yet to see a check engine light or any sort of problem at all! I just recently opened up a shop in pincher creek that will be open for feb 1 feel free to pm me or call me 1-403-627-2048. I deal specially in diesel performance and really know the dmax trucks any questions feel free to contact me Jared @ castle Custom Trucks

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the Edge Race Evo with Stage 2 AFE intake and AFE turbo back exhaust,I really like that set up and havent had any issues yet(knock on wood)!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are going to get EFI live, get a few people together to chip in on it.

Or if you know of someone, buy another license for the programer. Tuning diesel's is quite a bit easier. You will still want to have a good display system to monitor temps, boost and such.

There are also a few items to upgrade in the ally to help limit any low increase hp failures. Start going over 100hp increases and it could lead to issues. check out this article. 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax - Diesel Power Magazine The C2 issues is common.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EFI Live is what I plan to do with my 2009. I second using efi live from mitch @ xtreme fx tuning. He's located in Edmonton area and does a fantastic job giving u exactly what you want.

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a ppe hot tune in my lmm 09 with a 5 inch Straight pipe turbo back with 6 inch tip,s&b intake, no probs yet i run it at stage 4 all the time just like the power,

Top Bottom