Dully to super single

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your going to loose traction in the winter with a super single and gain flotation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know about super single conversion. I have two Duramaxs one is single track one dually. I gough lots on the farm in both of them. If the dually is loaded its as good as the single track but if it's has a light or no load the dually is substantially inferior to the single track. On the other hand hauling or pulling a HEAVY load the dually does handle nicer on the highway.
Sweet, Always packing 700 liters of fuel and loaded with tools and crap so I'm sure I'll be good to go. Now it's a 2012 dodge 3500...any issues with that?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a reason nobody in Canada runs super singles in Canada. They suck in the winter. Lots of guys like them in the southern states but they are bad news on ice.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running a 2012 mega cab 3500 single wheel. My dad has a 2013 dually, when the roads get bad I prefer to drive the dually. We pull a 29' foot enclosed car hauler trailer. The axles track with the duals on his truck, so maybe that's the difference.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would you not be able to pack the same as a regular 1 ton?
Yes, just found a good buy on a dully deck truck sooooo...want to giver a try but just a little concerned about the winter drive. Not a big fan of my f450 dully but it's empty.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the look of a long box dually better then a long box srw. It makes it not look as long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, just found a good buy on a dully deck truck sooooo...want to giver a try but just a little concerned about the winter drive. Not a big fan of my f450 dully but it's empty.

What year is your 450? They are a rough ride.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My work service truck is a dully, F450 mechanics truck, i drive it every day all year round and its a horrible snow vehicle. It track's terribly, the outer wheels are a pain in the arse in snow. It carries weight extremely well and is very stable but fuel consumption is nothing to brag about neither is winter driving. My F350 single is 10x better on winter roads or on fuel. No comparison. But as a work rig, its good as long as your aware of its limitation in the winter.

Top Bottom