*&^%$#@! Drunk Drivers

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
:mad: My wife was on her way to pick up my 14yr old daughter last night around 11:30pm and this 25yr old !@#$%^&*drunk kid went through a yield sign and nailed her. Thank god there was an RCMP cruiser parked a 1/2 block away and heard the collision. She wasn't hurt thank god but was very upset because she knows how I feel about my truck. This happened only 2 blocks from my house. The drunk driver lived 3 houses from where it happened. I walked to where it happened and frickin' lost it. The first cruiser on scene called for backup and then took the clown to jail when they showed up. We got the truck home and I tried to calm down. Around 2:15am the arresting officer called and told me the driver was booked for DUI. He blew 50 over the legal limit. The cop said they call 0.08 80 and he blew 130... WOW! The cop was a really good guy and felt my pain because he owns an '08 mega that he loves. So today her and I will go to the cop shop and turn in her report and Monday the hassel begins to get my baby fixed. BTW, the other driver does have valid insurance. The cop had said they are seeing alot more of this along with expired ins/reg and people are still driving :nono: Also if there are any auto body people out there what will be done to repair damage? The box side is toast and the left rear door is also damaged along with the bottom of the cab. The boards will also have to be replaced.

Attachments

• Drunk driver pic 1.jpg
    Drunk driver pic 1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Drunk driver pic 2.jpg
    Drunk driver pic 2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Drunk driver pic 3.jpg
    Drunk driver pic 3.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Drunk driver pic 4.jpg
    Drunk driver pic 4.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 28

wiseguy

Reaction score
I know where you're coming from. My daughter's car was hit this past winter by a drunk driver. The car was even parked when it happened. Luckily no one was in it at the time because the back half of the car was destroyed, and if anybody would have been in the back seat they'd have been seriously hurt. The other thing about this is the guy managed to drive away from the scene and take off. Lucky for some witnesses who took the license number and phoned the RCMP right away, and they picked him up a few blocks away.

S

sldgy

OUCH!! Glad everyone is all right.

On a side note:

She wasn't hurt thank god but was very upset because she knows how I feel about my truck.

The cop was a really good guy and felt my pain because he owns an '08 mega that he loves.

IT IS A FREAKING TRUCK

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
OUCH!! Glad everyone is all right.

On a side note:

She wasn't hurt thank god but was very upset because she knows how I feel about my truck.

The cop was a really good guy and felt my pain because he owns an '08 mega that he loves.

IT IS A FREAKING TRUCK

When you work hard for something and take pride in it then some dum ass comes along with total disreguard for persons or personal property, that is what pisses me off :mad:

S

sldgy

When you work hard for something and take pride in it then some dum ass comes along with total disreguard for persons or personal property, that is what pisses me off :mad:

I really do understand, my comment was something I remember my wife saying to me a while back when a similar thing happened to me.:)

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A rough guess is $8,000.00 tough to tell without a photo of complete unit.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it doesnt matter if he has valid insurance or not. policies wont cover if ur at fault and drunk (usually). thats why you have your own insurance cover it and your insurance company goes after him and garnishes his wages if he cant pay for it in full. hopefully your preimiums dont go up because someone else is retarded

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That really sucks man, I know how you feel. That's a bad hit to hitting the cab, the truck will never be the same the only proper way to fix that is replace the cab. Guessing a body shop will probably want to cut out the piece and weld a new one in.

Hopefully you get it fixed up good. It is very rough to see it happen after you put so much work into your ride.

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$hity buzz dude ! ...Id probably still be in lock up if I lost it after some crap like that ,....don't even get me started on that one

glad she is OK !! the wife and kiddies that is

Last edited by a moderator:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:mad: My wife was on her way to pick up my 14yr old daughter last night around 11:30pm and this 25yr old !@#$%^&*drunk kid went through a yield sign and nailed her. Thank god there was an RCMP cruiser parked a 1/2 block away and heard the collision. She wasn't hurt thank god but was very upset because she knows how I feel about my truck. This happened only 2 blocks from my house. The drunk driver lived 3 houses from where it happened. I walked to where it happened and frickin' lost it. The first cruiser on scene called for backup and then took the clown to jail when they showed up. We got the truck home and I tried to calm down. Around 2:15am the arresting officer called and told me the driver was booked for DUI. He blew 50 over the legal limit. The cop said they call 0.08 80 and he blew 130... WOW! The cop was a really good guy and felt my pain because he owns an '08 mega that he loves. So today her and I will go to the cop shop and turn in her report and Monday the hassel begins to get my baby fixed. BTW, the other driver does have valid insurance. The cop had said they are seeing alot more of this along with expired ins/reg and people are still driving :nono: Also if there are any auto body people out there what will be done to repair damage? The box side is toast and the left rear door is also damaged along with the bottom of the cab. The boards will also have to be replaced.

sorry to here that this has happened to you and your wife. Hope that she don't read this thread as it sounds that you are more concerned about your truck than you are of her. metal can be replaced a loved one cannot. Thank your lucky stars that the drunk driver only changed your metal and not your life.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
That really sucks man, I know how you feel. That's a bad hit to hitting the cab, the truck will never be the same the only proper way to fix that is replace the cab. Guessing a body shop will probably want to cut out the piece and weld a new one in.

Hopefully you get it fixed up good. It is very rough to see it happen after you put so much work into your ride.

The truck will never be the same?????What do you do for a living ??I have been a bodyman for 15 years and trust me they look alot worse than they really are.New dually fender ,box side ,front brace possibbly cab corner and maybe repair the door or skin it .It is not a terrible hit.The sheet metal is so thin now a days they all fold like a cheap suit!!!!i am guessing a week and a bit of down time for your truck.I am not an estimator so i won't guess on dollars.Good luck and i know how you feel:mad:A good body shop will have you up and runnin in no time,,did it catch you outer dually wheel?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The truck will never be the same?????What do you do for a living ??I have been a bodyman for 15 years and trust me they look alot worse than they really are.New dually fender ,box side ,front brace possibbly cab corner and maybe repair the door or skin it .It is not a terrible hit.The sheet metal is so thin now a days they all fold like a cheap suit!!!!i am guessing a week and a bit of down time for your truck.I am not an estimator so i won't guess on dollars.Good luck and i know how you feel:mad:A good body shop will have you up and runnin in no time,,did it catch you outer dually wheel?

Based off how my dads truck is after minor bodywork. It is pathetic, a 5 year old could of did a better job, and the paintwork on my bros old truck was pretty bad to. I am sure some shops can make it look good but i've yet to see it. Yes it is a simple fix, but so is replacing a door and somehow two different shops screwed it up terribly, I have done a lot better job myself and barely know anything about it.

And replacing a cab corner, it's really never the "same" and resale hurts as it's been in an accident, and how many people want a truck that the body has been welded on, when they could buy another truck accident free? It really sucks, and the vehicle is never the same.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
sorry to here that this has happened to you and your wife. Hope that she don't read this thread as it sounds that you are more concerned about your truck than you are of her. metal can be replaced a loved one cannot. Thank your lucky stars that the drunk driver only changed your metal and not your life.

SERIOUSLY???? You got to be joking....why be so jugemental? I was on a rant here...venting. Things can allways be worse but they were NOT.Why focus on what could have happen. Why critisize. I posted this for input on damage cost opinions (guess I should have stated that in the beginning) and any other helpful info...thats all. If anyone else has the same opinion as PIPES you can PM me to discuss it. And yes, my wife did read your post.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And replacing a cab corner, it's really never the "same" and resale hurts as it's been in an accident, and how many people want a truck that the body has been welded on, when they could buy another truck accident free? It really sucks, and the vehicle is never the same.
there is no way for a buyer of a used vehicle to know it has been in any kind of accident, unless they know what to look for or are in the know with someone. the only thing that will show up on a registry or vin search is if it has been written off, then repaired.

Sorry 'bout your truck RMK Junky, gald the outcome wasn't any worse for your family members.

Back in '00, I bought a brand new GM truck. 2 weeks later, while I was out at work, my pops accidentally ran the back end of a lobed he was backing into the wash bay down the side of my truck....then when he realized he had hit it, he drove ahead again and opened it up like a can opener from the front fender all the way to the rear wheel well!! It looked bad, but they fixed 'er up pretty.

whopper809

Reaction score
there is no way for a buyer of a used vehicle to know it has been in any kind of accident, unless they know what to look for or are in the know with someone. the only thing that will show up on a registry or vin search is if it has been written off, then repaired.

I'm pretty sure a carproof or carfax report that says the vehicle has been written off or repaired pretty much tells a buyer in black and white that it has been repaired in the past after a crash?

The only way a repaired vehicle wouldn't show up in the system is if was repaired with out a police report. Body shops can't even order parts for repairs without one.

The best thing to due since this hit is minor damage is have lots of pics of the damage for you too show a buyer down the road.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carfax is useless. If a potential buyers asks that is were it will come up(or should). A registry will not show it, pretty good chance carfax won't either, but an informed buyer will ask if it's been in an accident, and potentially a vehicle that's been in an accident is worth less then one that hasen't regardless of how it looks after. Only a written off vehicle will show up on registry. And yes, a buyer SHOULD be looking close enough to be able to tell a vehicle has been repaired.

It's a bit more extreme but has anyone ever tried selling a vehicle with a rebuilt status? I have, it's nearly worthless, no one wants to go close to it. No one cares what was even damaged.

Top Bottom