Drop and Roll on 04 Rev SHX

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who's done a drop and roll kit on their 04 rev? Was it worth it? What kit did you use? Thanks:beer:

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do you want to drop and roll the Rev. What type of track are you going to?:)

Just trying to improve track attack angle. Talked to a couple guys in Sicamous who did this and it really improved climbing in the steep and deep. I'm sticking with the camoplast 2.3" track that I put on last yr.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I plan to do a D&R on my '04 Summit 800 "X" this summer. Guys that have done it swear by it. They say it's better than adding 20hp to your sled!!

My plan is:
-rail extension to a 151" skid with big wheel kit and relocation axle to put the wheels in the middle between the rails
-Avid 3.0" 8 tooth anti ratchet drivers
-D&R template from someone-haven't decided who yet
-2.5" x 156" x 16" 3.00" pitch Challenger Extreme track
-custom drop brackets for the shock mounts
-tunnel extension kit
-maybe a 151" cooler but we'll see. Guys that have done the thermostat delete mod say you don't need to do the 151" cooler. If you look at the snow-X sleds, their coolers are actually smaller than stock!!

And that should pretty much do it give or take a couple other small things I missed here.
Should climb and rip through the powder pretty good I'm hoping.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talk to maverickxrs on here. he did his rev and loves it. personally i would just upgrade to a 2.5 challenger extreme. but if you want to put the work in its worth the results

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I plan to do a D&R on my '04 Summit 800 "X" this summer. Guys that have done it swear by it. They say it's better than adding 20hp to your sled!!

My plan is:
-rail extension to a 151" skid with big wheel kit and relocation axle to put the wheels in the middle between the rails
-Avid 3.0" 8 tooth anti ratchet drivers
-D&R template from someone-haven't decided who yet
-2.5" x 156" x 16" 3.00" pitch Challenger Extreme track
-custom drop brackets for the shock mounts
-tunnel extension kit
-maybe a 151" cooler but we'll see. Guys that have done the thermostat delete mod say you don't need to do the 151" cooler. If you look at the snow-X sleds, their coolers are actually smaller than stock!!

And that should pretty much do it give or take a couple other small things I missed here.
Should climb and rip through the powder pretty good I'm hoping.

crap ur on here too....... lol....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol dale......... are u sure that u want to do a drop and roll? cause then u want to stay in deep pow....... stumps and logs ect.... or ridin around here will suck...

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I'm turning this sled into a straight mountain machine-cheaper than a new one and worth it seeing as it has only 1300 miles on it.

I may just do the 156" X 2" track on it now and do the D&R later on. We will see.......

Looking at a '97 583 Summit 144" track for around home and the trails. bunch of new stuff on it and a new top end.
$1500 sounds like a not bad deal for it so gonna check it out and see whats up.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya thats all right......... what ever u do don't put on the xp tracks.... and id go with the 151 x 2 1/2 camo extreme if u want to float......

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a buddy of mine has a older s chassis and has a double d and roll and he has had so many probs with his - either hitting some thing ect.... even one of hard clumps on the side of the trail......

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a 156" x 2" Challenger track that is brand new for a good price on one of the forums that I might go with just to do the 156" for now. Just need to figure out how many teeth my drivers are. If they aren't 10 tooth ones then I am just gonna have to pull the trigger on the D&R cause I'm not doing drivers twice.

156 X 2.5 x16 with a 3.00" pitch Camo P/N 9975M is the one I will go with to match the D&R and the rest of the parts I listed.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im pretty sure u have 10 tooth with the 144 track..... 9 tooth was for the 2 1/4 track and 8 tooth for the 2.5 track....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh and im not sure but if i remmber my 04 gadges i couldn't change the speed multi for the different drives like my 07 gadge can....

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm hoping. Won't know for another 10 days or so. Soon as I get home I'm puttin the sled on it's side and checking it out.
Meh-who looks at the speedo anyhow???

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problem. Seeing what other people are doing, what their using is benefical for everybody on here.:beer:

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did a drop and roll on my 07 and it works great run a 162 2.5 camo extreme and can still put 2 fingers wide in the front lots of clearance and with the holtz rear skid have a wicked attack angle

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did a drop and roll on my 07 and it works great run a 162 2.5 camo extreme and can still put 2 fingers wide in the front lots of clearance and with the holtz rear skid have a wicked attack angle

yah the clearance between the cooler and the track are very important in my opinion. alot of people are jamming huge tracks with less than an 1/8 clearance and i dont think that can effectively move the snow like a good inch or more can. when you watch a sled thats running to the bar with the skis in the air its amazing how much material is moving through there.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree. The 2.5" without a D&R is pointess IMO. I think an inch at least is required for the best track clean out. That and good track speed!

Top Bottom