Driven clutch slipping

CrosbyStills

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

So after a good weekend, seems my driven clutch is slipping a bit. I can get it to reset if someone holds the track off the snow, give it gas to engage the drive clutch and it'll re seat itself. On the odd occasion though it looks like the plates aren't coming together fully to go from a stop. Sometimes I can get it to re seat just by standing aside and letting it engage with no weight, then it's good to go.

Is there lubrication that I should be adding so it opens/closes freely? I thought these were dry though...

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do not lube your clutch you didn't say what type of sled you have it could be a weak spring, worn buttons, seized roller have some one take it apart and have a look if you do it yourself you will need a clutch compression tool

CrosbyStills

Reaction score
It's a 2004 Arctic Cat 1M 900 EFI 159".

To pull the clutch, just unbolt and pull off the shaft? Or does it need to be under compression before unbolting?

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
unbolt it and it will slide off the shaft the clutch is under spring compression not sure how the cat ones are held together but most have a spring clip on the end in order to remove the clip you must put the clutch under pressure. if you do take it apart your self mark all the sheaves as they have to go back in the exact order and place

Top Bottom