Drive-in theatre in western Canada?

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to take my boy to one of these before they're all gone, if i'm not too late already.
Anyone know of one thats still in operation?

Reaction score
I went to the one in Enderby last month, it was a riot!! They are open only weekends on the shoulder season, but daily throughout the summer! Yummy cheap concession food too. $7 gets you a large popcorn and large pop, with one refill each!!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool! Grimshaw's old one is on the list but as closed. Many good times at the ol' Airport Drive In. Enderby must be the one I was thinking of in BC

Reaction score
cool! Grimshaw's old one is on the list but as closed. Many good times at the ol' Airport Drive In. Enderby must be the one I was thinking of in BC

They also have the old school advertisements. I laughed when they said that buttery popcorn is a healthy snack and to go get your sodas before the movie lol....Just fantastic.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Starlight Drive-In

This is awesome, I grew up a couple miles from one and we'd sneak in on our bicycles and sit in front of the concession stand to watch. When we were smaller and went with my parents they'd get my two sisters and I dressed in our pj's and I always loved falling asleep at the movie and waking up in my bed in the morning! I've been telling my 7 yr old about the drive-in experience and he is amazed by the concept.

Thanks for the help guys:popcorn:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Dad owns one here in Prince George, BC.... Started working there when I was thirteen, before my parents even owned it! It is really cool :) He has added a go-kart track and a mini golf course in recent years. They certainly are becoming a rarity. I get a kick out of the people who come out and wonder how to get sound without the car side speakers ;)

http://www.parkdrivein.com/

Last edited:

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Dad owns one here in Prince George, BC.... Started working there when I was thirteen, before my parents even owned it! It is really cool :) He has added a go-kart track and a mini golf course in recent years. They certainly are becoming a rarity. I get a kick out of the people who come out and wonder how to get sound without the car side speakers ;)

PARK DRIVE-IN THEATER

Wow this place has it all! I may even get to catch a movie this fall!

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember the one in Kelowna. We use to sneak in, go through a hole in the fence to the auto wreckers that was next door. We would find a back seat and drag it back so we had something to sit on. Was pretty happy when I turned 16 and could actually "drive In" :)

MrHankey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember the one in Kelowna. We use to sneak in, go through a hole in the fence to the auto wreckers that was next door. We would find a back seat and drag it back so we had something to sit on. Was pretty happy when I turned 16 and could actually "drive In" :)
I remember that one ,I seen star wars there ,there was a lineup down the hwy to get in

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live 5 mins away from the one in Enderby (Armstrong doesnt have one). They claim the screen is the worlds largest. Very popular place in the summer!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Been to the drive-in theatre in enderby many times, with the family -- our kids still talk about it.................. It was actually the old screen and equipment from here in sherwood park. I was talking with the manager one night, and he told me the story. Little known fact :)

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well they set up one in St.Albert mall parking lot a few times and seem to be fall. I know not the same but better then nothing....

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wow this place has it all! I may even get to catch a movie this fall!

Come on out: I will get you some passes :)

Dad is actually at the point now where he must upgrade or go extinct. Regular film is about to become obsolete. So it will either mean replacing the projector with digital to the tune of $100,000 or let the light go out on one of the last Drive-Ins in the province :(

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Dad is actually at the point now where he must upgrade or go extinct. Regular film is about to become obsolete. So it will either mean replacing the projector with digital to the tune of $100,000 or let the light go out on one of the last Drive-Ins in the province :(
Sounds good Sledmomma, I'll let you know if I can make it

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to the one in Enderby last month, it was a riot!! They are open only weekends on the shoulder season, but daily throughout the summer! Yummy cheap concession food too. $7 gets you a large popcorn and large pop, with one refill each!!

We go all the time........support the concession but remember you can bring your own beer

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There's one at Manitou Beach, SK near where i live. They're in the same boat. The other issue is availability of parts for the old projectors. Nearly non-existent. They said if their projector goes down, it's all over.

Top Bottom