Drift x170 help please

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Avoid the .AVI file if you can. The .mov file or the jpeg file would be better. Do you have the HD version???

thanks for the info! no i did not get the HD version but here is hopping i get some great footage that will work for you. i know you said you would rather have HD...too bad you had not posted that before i bought them:rant: lol but my other video camera is HD...trust me I do not want your job but i can cut out the crap and send you the good or at least the bloopers of me...well falling off! lol! But i am happy with it and loving my new sled just some more learning curves! its all good.

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Drift 170 HD LOVE IT. Tend to use wide screen setting but it takes forever to upload to Youtube. Looks awesome at home though. Don,t see much difference in quality between 720 and 1080. So i run 720 for uploading. I use Windows Live to do any editing. Just got it before Christmas so still Playing and adjusting it.
Heres my youtube page have a look. YouTube - maribou62's Channel
I did one with music but didn,t upload it as i was afraid of copy right infringement LOL!

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So would any one buy the Drift x170 or the HD cam? i would like to get one and any likes or dislikes about the drifts?

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drift 170 has a renote so you can just hit a button listen for a beep and VOILA! They all seem to do a good job. My thinking the Drift is more streamlind and only needs a box if your gonna swim with it. Go pro seems to need a box for everything. It does come with one though. I really liked the remote deal though. ( Yeah i know it,s a guy thing LOL).
Plus the mount is a quick attach system, not sure with the Go pro. Mine is velcroed to the top of my helmet. Had no room on the side cause of my goggle quick releases.
I,m not a complete techno nerd so i like Windows live for editing. Pretty simple even for a Truck driver like me ! Have only edited 2 vids so far but worked great. JUst be sure to save after you are done or no other application will open it. Not sure about the non HD 170 either. My thinking bigger is better seen so many grainy youtyube vids so i like the HD.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i posted this in the ladies section as well but here is my latest one, I used 2 pov cameras nothing fancy on the editing it is not easy lol well it is but I could spend hours adding elements to it! I love my cameras well worth the money!
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEu-_poYmt4[/YT]

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i posted this in the ladies section as well but here is my latest one, I used 2 pov cameras nothing fancy on the editing it is not easy lol well it is but I could spend hours adding elements to it! I love my cameras well worth the money!
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEu-_poYmt4[/YT]

Nice video is your cam HD?

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice video is your cam HD?

No it's not, HD was $300 I paid $100 for these on eBay very nice to use. Buy at least 16gb card I have 8 it hold about 4 hours and I have every time ran out of room and buy the best batteries.

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No it's not, HD was $300 I paid $100 for these on eBay very nice to use. Buy at least 16gb card I have 8 it hold about 4 hours and I have every time ran out of room and buy the best batteries.

If you where to buy again would you by the HD? I dont know if HD is worth the money. Your video Looks fine in non HD.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
non hd is perfectly ok for the normal user

i like mine

the files stay in reasonable size on ure puter and it looks good enough to keep some memories

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
non hd is perfectly ok for the normal user

i like mine

the files stay in reasonable size on ure puter and it looks good enough to keep some memories

x2 unless you are really going to get into the editing then the x170 is fine, as i have found out my poor laptop can hardly keep up, meaning images and video take up alot of space on your computer.

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought there was a thread for videos?? Can,t seem to find it, might just be getting old and blind!! Anyways heres a little vid i tied together Me on Orange m 1000 Drift 170 HD , Ted on Black M 1000 Go pro HD. Seems the editing made it 480 p and non hd but enjoy!!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni1KWZfv28w[/media]

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you where to buy again would you by the HD? I dont know if HD is worth the money. Your video Looks fine in non HD.

I wanted to buy the x170 but couldn't find one so I found a reconditioned HD170 for $214. B&H Photo has a Used Store. The best thing about the HD unit is the lithium-ion battery instead of the AAs that the X170 uses.
I have access to a Blu-ray burner now so HD makes sense. Without the burner I would have stuck with std def.

Top Bottom