Drift x170 help please

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i love this helmet cam! we went out today and i was very happy with image quality.
but i had one problem and that is that the sound is about 15sec faster then the video has anyone had this happen?
does anyone know how to fix it?
what file type do you use it has 3 and i am not sure what will work the best MJPG,AVI, or MOV? would one of these file types fix the sound/video sync?
I have e-mailed the company with my questions but thought i might get faster help here...thanks in advance!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is strange,I have two in unopened boxes on my desk,I will keep an eye on this thread.I had the oregon scientific and never had an issue with the sound,It is the one they discontinued and replaced with the drift.I hope its an easy fix for you!
catmando!

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i played with it a bit last night, i had first opened the files in windows media player and that is where it was not synced right.
so i downloaded VLC media player(for free) this is what they say to use and the sounds and video was in time, it was perfect. i am just trying it now with this program to edit and put a movie together, so far so good.
when you use your let me know how it works for you.
but overall i am VERY happy with it.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well mine work as good as expected(hoped) LOL! Played around with one for as while,pretty easy to video upside down LOL!One is for me the other one is for Fossy,I wish I would have ordered the suction cup mount for it as it would be good to take in a car or in my case I will be taking it to work!I use the sony movie making magic program.........works really good,cost about 60 bucks.
At this point Im very impressed with this camera for the price!
Going for a ride on monday,will post a video!
catmando!

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds good. i made my video but i can't/don't know what program to use to convert it so i can upload it...any suggestions?

AirNorth1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www3.telus.net
Hi PINKalicious

There are many converters to choose from.
I have tried many.

IMHO Format Factory is one of the best, easy to use and produces great quality. Best of all its free.

If you like to see if it works for you heres the link for further reading...

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi PINKalicious

There are many converters to choose from.
I have tried many.

IMHO Format Factory is one of the best, easy to use and produces great quality. Best of all its free.

If you like to see if it works for you heres the link for further reading...

Thank you so much i was going crazy here trying to figure out how to change it so i can post i will download it now!

AirNorth1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www3.telus.net
Your welcome.
The VLC media player you downloaded is an excellent player. Keep it. It can play media files that Windows Media Player can't. Such as the pain in the arse MOV. {Apple} file.

If by chance you need movie making software Microsoft offers Windows Live Movie Maker 2011 for free. For Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Windows Live Movie Maker 2011

For Windows XP theres Microsoft Windows Movie Maker 2.1...also free. Windows XP: Movie Maker 2.1 Download

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks that converter works great! here is my first ever attempt to make a movie...i know its not the best but it was fun...remember to save your work as you go in case your computer crashes while your working on it like me!
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkaK2IxxYbw[/YT]

AirNorth1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www3.telus.net
If this is your first ever movie making attempt then I believe you are going to be pro in no time. Very good.
When you tipped off your sled at the 2nd minute mark I prit near fell off my chair. Not by laughing...of course...but by just being part of the ride. Perfect!

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
Nice job!
Will see if I can get some video tomorro and post it with my new drift.Did you have the sound off?
What setting did you use on your camera?
Aspect..3/2
4/4
16/9.......shows two pics for some reason !

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not bad at all for your first crack at it!
No Sound
catmando!

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks guys!
i do not understand the ratio thing i had mine set on 3/2 and i did have the sound on. when i made the movie in my program it let me add/remove or just change the volume of the background noise and music.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kool,Add a music file(song) to the movie,should be able to add it on a seperate line and leave the sound of the background on,It really adds to the movie,Then you can start edieing the sound and match it to the video and through in some cool effects and whalaa,,,,,,,your a producer!
The 3/2 apect is old squaer tvs
The 4/3 aspect is standard widescreen
The 16/9 I believe is panoramic Widescreen!
Something like that anyway,just curios why there are 2 pics in 16/9?
catmando!
I will post a movie from my Oregon Scientific in this thread!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No Sound.................WTF!
Oh well you get the idea!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sony Movie Magic..........there is a couple of upgrades but it works pretty good,was about 60 bucks at staples!
catmando!

Top Bottom