Drift Mounts

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a Drift suction cup mount? I am not sure I trust it during cold temps and going from cold to hot and back to cold being on a sled hood etc....

I bought a clamp style but also want the versatility of suction cup anywhere.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think you would be rolling the dice myself.
I've got a suction cup cell phone mount for the window of my truck. I often find it sitting on the dash......

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up a RAM suction cup mount and will be riding around the house this weekend to test it. It's pretty hard to move when it's warm out but haven't tried it in the cold. I plan on making a tether for it just in case.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I picked up a RAM suction cup mount and will be riding around the house this weekend to test it. It's pretty hard to move when it's warm out but haven't tried it in the cold. I plan on making a tether for it just in case.

a fishing leader will fit into the mount holes on the unit itself, I would use that, and then something around the A-Arm or something similar to make sure if it falls off its not going to disappear!

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a fishing leader will fit into the mount holes on the unit itself, I would use that, and then something around the A-Arm or something similar to make sure if it falls off its not going to disappear!

I've lost one drift camera already so I am paranoid about losing this one. I'm thinking of trying a small retractable dog leash. If it works and the camera mount loses suction or is knocked off, I'm hoping it will retract and keep the camera from dangling and smacking against stuff. I will be using a fishing leader on my helmet.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up 18" fish leaders after hearing the stories about lost cameras. Im gonna hold off on the suction cup until someone else tries it or I can find a review from a Canadian.

Top Bottom