DOWNLOADABLE GPX Files of the Clemina, Allen and Chappell Creek Riding Areas

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks

Thanks to sleeper700, we now have GPX files for our main area boundaries that are compatable with common GPS's

Having trouble sharing them on the web, so please email our office to request the files

Thanks to sleeper for this great work!

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice. so these essentially match the google earth version on the website?

no excuses now guys!! 2 ways to check if your staying in bounds.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The BRP GPS is a Garmin, so it will definitely work. The GPX format is universal, and should work with all units, as well as Google Earth. Maxwell, they match the VARDA site kmz files. There are 2 differences I noticed with the government files recently posted here www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/snowmobile-closures/gpxdownload.html. On the gov ones, they outline the lower limit for the closure around the Chappell Creek area, but don't outline the riding area itself. Mine outlines the riding area. On the gov ones, they show the Dixon Glacier as open, which it is not (at least for part of the season, the way I understand it). Mine show the main season boundary (as per the boundaries Curtis got me to make). The other thing my files have is staging area, cabin, and CAC website trip planner location waypoints. Like you said, now it is pretty hard to make excuses for going out of bounds.

Last edited:

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis, do you want me to see if we can put the files in the part of Snow and Mud?

Chad

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes please

I tried to post them as a downloadable file on our website and it did not work.

it shouldn't stop you from posting them in your main directory with a link off a main page for download........

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tyler,

If I emailed the files to you, would you be able to add them to the Maps & Staging Areas part of the site? The threads are closed, so I can't do it myself. The files are 121kb (Chappell), 104kb (Allan), and 59kb (Clemina), so they are all very small.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Tyler,

If I emailed the files to you, would you be able to add them to the Maps & Staging Areas part of the site? The threads are closed, so I can't do it myself. The files are 121kb (Chappell), 104kb (Allan), and 59kb (Clemina), so they are all very small.

email them to Ron... he's the man with the access

turbo RMK

Reaction score
Hey Folks

Thanks to sleeper700, we now have GPX files for our main area boundaries that are compatable with common GPS's

Having trouble sharing them on the web, so please email our office to request the files

Thanks to sleeper for this great work!
what is the email address ?????

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to sleeper700 we now have gdb files of the 3 main managed areas on our website under their respective area headings. These work on garmin gps's and if you have another brand your software should be able to change it

Top Bottom