DOT regs for hauling mini-atv on front of truck

hedge

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how I can carry my daughter's mini quad when we go camping this year. I tow a travel trailer and have a sled deck for the 2 full-size atv's but I also want to take the little polaris 90.

My trailer is a superlight so I don't think I can put a hitch on it. My latest thought is to buy a front receiver mount for my truck ('09 f350) and haul the mini quad on a custom carrier up front.

Does anyone know if there are restrictions on how far out front it can hang? Any other reasons why this won't work?

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put it in the box of the truck.:confused: Unless you haul another quad in there. Not sure how far out front you can go, just watch out for the pedestrians

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about the same idea off the back of the trailer. Little 90 cant weigh that much.I have seen lots where they mount a wodden box on the back to haul stuff.. :beer:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how I can carry my daughter's mini quad when we go camping this year. I tow a travel trailer and have a sled deck for the 2 full-size atv's but I also want to take the little polaris 90.

My trailer is a superlight so I don't think I can put a hitch on it. My latest thought is to buy a front receiver mount for my truck ('09 f350) and haul the mini quad on a custom carrier up front.

Does anyone know if there are restrictions on how far out front it can hang? Any other reasons why this won't work?

We have built over-cab extensions for our decks. We have one that has 2 Honda 90's over the cab. I will try to find some pics of it.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my thoughts are trailer hitch on the rear of trailer and build a slide in cargo rack and put it on that. thats wat i do. would it fit under ur deck in the box?

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
You might buckle your floor if mounted on the rear of your trailer if it's as lite as you say. As far as the front goes, as long as your headlights and signal lights are not blocked you should be ok to go. It will also affect your overall lenght so keep that in mind. A guy that I know built an extention to mount on the rear or his deck for the little guys quad. Lenghtened the reciever a little so it doesn't interfer with his bumper pull at all.

Top Bottom