Doo i make the change???

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a 153" Sno Pro and a 162" Sno Pro for $22,000 even, out the door, American cash. So roughly $11,000 each. Beat every other deal I found by about $500 per sled.

The sleds purchased in the states i assume too? Is 11k standard price south of the border? If so i might be going for a drive...

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
What kind of prices is everyone finding and at what dealership? I went into Ralph's in Calgary today and he said 13,500.00+tax. That was my first stop but it seems a bit high.

Pistonbroke keep in mind your getting a 2 yr warranty included in that price. I know the sleds are cheaper in the states but you get no warranty at all. And you need to find someone in the states to go buy it from the dealer and then you have to "buy" it from him. The dealers in the US will not sell a new sled to a canadian address, or at least that's what they told me when I was looking at snochecking my 1100 Turbo this spring. Maybe Highmarker can shed some light on this for us.

Last edited:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I have ridin doo's all my life. I have generally seen the quality fit and finish go down hill over the last number of years. The turbo apex is a nice change but also looking at a Cat. They may not be as pretty but the engines are bullit proof imo.

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sleds purchased in the states i assume too? Is 11k standard price south of the border? If so i might be going for a drive...

Yes purchased in Idaho. Don't know if I would say 11k is standard....I checked 3-4 dealers close to me and most were around 11.5K. Might have helped that i ordered two as well. Great deal IMHO. Also not sure about the warranty thing as I live in the states, so not an issue for me. (plus it's a CAT, warranty is not needed. lol) Might be worth looking into though if you are serious.

Good luck with whatever you do!

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya they told me the same thing today when i called down. Guess i will stick with overpaying at home.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I think every manufaturer does a pretty good job, or they wouldn't be in business. That said, I will hang onto both the M8 and M1000 for another year, and see how the proclimb works out. Although the engines are solid, I'm not sold on the chaincase, as Cat doesn't have a great track record in this area (remember the King Cat?) While I'm sure the latest and greatest will work well, it will be interesting to see what comes after a year of feedback on the 2012's - I'm not going to be the test mule for a first year chassis again - been there wayyy too many times.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya they told me the same thing today when i called down. Guess i will stick with overpaying at home.
I know of a dealer or two thatd sell to u down in the states, pm me if ya want. Also ralphs will do better on that price, u just gotta grill em a little harder. Bought two sleds from them and theyve always been the best price by far,,,, some have come close but most when i give them ralphs numbers say they cant touch it.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy the cat just because its the first year of a new chassis. Too many things to go wrong, doesn't matter how much testing is done, there always seem to be problems.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy the cat just because its the first year of a new chassis. Too many things to go wrong, doesn't matter how much testing is done, there always seem to be problems.

I'm not too worried. With a 2 year warranty, a good dealer, and a solid engine package I don't forsee any major issues. A few minor things is not a deal breaker for me.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my only concern would be those a-arms... thats always been one nice thing about a cat over a doo. if ya smoke a rock or tree with a cat your out an A-arm. do that to a doo and your whole front end gets tweeked. not sure if thatll still be the case with the style front end on the cat

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok here is my take on this..... What did we realy gain this year???? The 1100 turbo seems pretty cool but if we are just talking chassis most people havent demod' it so there is no way to tell if it is an improvement. I think they look cool, something different for sure, but is it better? who the hell knows! Polaris came out with the pro and had a sales pitch with their extreme weight loss. At least with that you know you are shedding some weight without tryin it out. It gave guys a reason to throw down the cash. 2012 m8s are actually slightly heavier, same motor(which I think is great but still old news). Statisticly we have gained nothing in 2012 so that chassis better feel like heaven. Im not brand bashn' infact Im prob gonna be on an 1100t this year but just dont understand how people are saying "that sled is gonna dominate this year" cuz looks are all we can go off of so far.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed. They will handle more like a Doo I think. Why not just buy the doo. 2.5x16'' track, a few lbs lighter, 1st and 2nd year bugs are worked out. in both reliability and handling, I ride one so that's something, some have 3 year warrantys. Pople that think doos are poor handling money pits probably haven't owned one new than '09.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed????? How are you agreeing? My point was that we will have to wait and see how they work out because no seat time has been had. You just wrote the sled off comparing it to a doo. For all we know it may absolutely rule the hills this year.... maybe not.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a deal to me! Just need to sell the old one and it road trip time Mike! haha

Last edited:

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You said it !! That's exactly why the smartest among us don't own Doo's. Poor handling is the biggest reason I won't own one (although, the "money pit" issue rates up there as well). LOL !!!!

I actually really liked the way all my xp's have handled. The "money pit" is what got me. Bunch of reliability issues made me go green this year

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a steadfast DOO rider but I'm thinking about going with the 1100t strictly on the merit of 177 hp at elevation in a reliable, warranted stock engine. Even if it's heavier and only handles as good as the old Rev. I don't see how any DOO is gonna overcome that 60hp gap JMHO

Last edited:
Top Bottom