Doo i make the change???

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay so im looking for some help to get me off the fence on the new Cat. I have been riding Doo for the last 10yrs and had a Poo before that. So basically i dont know a whole lot about Cat. What i do know is that i sure like the look of the new chassis.
I am looking for real info and facts please. What is it about the new Cat that should make me jump to the dark side? Pro's and con's that you can see about these sleds.
The one i am considering is the Sno Pro 800 162'' that may or may not get a turbo....:d

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same boat I am in. Always had a Doo. Why am I switching? sick off all the blown belts and motor issues with Doo! Plus lack of dealer support where I live. Cat's 800 is a strong motor. Would have had one before but i did not like the previous M chassis

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok i ride a doo but here is my honest opinion

1. cant go wrong with the cat 800 its solid.
2. the new engine torque arm should keep this engine crisp
3. chassis imo is a writeoff. looks different but not going to gain anything over the doo chassis. and its not any lighter.
4. track is garbage. 15 wide powderclaw vs stock doo 2012 track is no comparision. of course if your going to be turboing the machine im assuming a track upgrade would be in the works anyways.
5. dont get the white one. doo has had white panels for 2 seasons now and they are a PITA.

please dont turn this guys thread into a pissing match because i posted my opinion. its the way i see it and he asked for advice. and since none of us have piloted these sleds no one can disprove my point.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Biggest issue here is that nobody has ridden one, so objective opinions are all anybody can offer...I have had 2 doos and I also have 2 Cats (older) and I cannot say anything bad about either. I find the Cats easier to ride, but since this is a new chassis its a crapshoot guessing how it will handle.

I will say this though, if I could get the suspension refinements that I get on the Doo, and the ease of ride and handling from the older M series and combine it and it is the new Proclimb...the Doo is gone...

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok i ride a doo but here is my honest opinion

1. cant go wrong with the cat 800 its solid.
2. the new engine torque arm should keep this engine crisp
3. chassis imo is a writeoff. looks different but not going to gain anything over the doo chassis. and its not any lighter.
4. track is garbage. 15 wide powderclaw vs stock doo 2012 track is no comparision. of course if your going to be turboing the machine im assuming a track upgrade would be in the works anyways.
5. dont get the white one. doo has had white panels for 2 seasons now and they are a PITA.

please dont turn this guys thread into a pissing match because i posted my opinion. its the way i see it and he asked for advice. and since none of us have piloted these sleds no one can disprove my point.

Well i would like you to allaborate on why you think that the chasis is a write-off???

I disagree on the track opinion aswell. I think that the new camo extreme is better than both, but the stock cat track is by no means garbeage. I have seena few guys put the cat tracks on there doo XP's and they worked very well.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
chassis itself isnt a writeoff. but if your trying to decide between a doo or a cat your not gaining anything between the two besides if you think one looks better than the other.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah, K, just cause in you post you said the chasis was a write off so i just wanted to clarify. From looking at the design and geometry of the new cat chasis imo it is better in several ways than the doo. The first and biggest one to me is durability. The way the whole front end of the bulkhead is designed i think it'll be way tougher than the XP.

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah, K, just cause in you post you said the chasis was a write off so i just wanted to clarify. From looking at the design and geometry of the new cat chasis imo it is better in several ways than the doo. The first and biggest one to me is durability. The way the whole front end of the bulkhead is designed i think it'll be way tougher than the XP.

Well hopefully it will be at least a little better than our old relic m1000's:d

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The design of the new tunnel i think is going to very nice. The tapered tunnel should make it alot more natural feeling to stand on the boards and alot easier to grip the tank and such when needed. I didn't find my m-series to bad once i put a boss seat on. But ourrental '09 XP i find it really wide(mainly due to the seat), theyare also better with the boss seat. But i think this new tunnel design will be great.

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree...I love the way the new seat feels on the Doo. Really like the way the '11 handles with the narrow front end too! I love everything about the Doo except the reliability issues with the clutch and motor. Thats why I am kind of nervous to try this cat out next year. Lot of money for something I may or may not like. And the Doo is an ANIMAL on the hills. Hope this cat is too or I wont be keeping it long.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reliability is a huge one for me. I have renatl '09 M8's that have 8000km on them and they havn't missed a beat and other than regular maintanance there hasn't been a bolt touched on them, on the other hand i have an '09 XP800 summit and it hit 3000km and the motor crapped the bed. From a rental business standpoint that just doesn't work.

bgraff1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just made the switch. sold my 09 xp x for a down payment on a 2012 proclimb m800 with a cutler stage 2 turbo. if i were staying stock i never would of changed to the cat but i was at the turbo stage and you cant beat the cats turbo'd, the m8's have been running awesome on boost for years.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am in the exact same boat. Been riding skidoo for about 10 years now. Not because Im brand loyal, but because they work the best for my type of riding.

If I get a new sled it will be the new proclimb 800 162. I got to demo the prototype last year and loved it. If you ride an XP, you will love this sled. Plus throw in the reliability of the cat engine, and the ability to turbo.......its a no brainer.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya it's a tough one since no one has piloted one I think it looks similar to a cross between a poo and a doo but looks good. doo did some amazing work with the narrow front ends on the 2011's I had a 2008 xp and didnt like the handling but now I love the handling of the new doo. as for strength oler1234 will witness the fact that i tomahawked my doo end over end through stumps and trees up in the bugaboos and ended up with $100 in damage my a-rm was touching the shocks and my front was banged up a fair bit it's quite durable now. imo the new cat is gonna be a solid contender thats forsure i'm looking forward to trying it out thats forsure!!! glad they finally went to a narrower front end good look thats forsure

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya it's a tough one since no one has piloted one I think it looks similar to a cross between a poo and a doo but looks good. doo did some amazing work with the narrow front ends on the 2011's I had a 2008 xp and didnt like the handling but now I love the handling of the new doo. as for strength oler1234 will witness the fact that i tomahawked my doo end over end through stumps and trees up in the bugaboos and ended up with $100 in damage my a-rm was touching the shocks and my front was banged up a fair bit it's quite durable now. imo the new cat is gonna be a solid contender thats forsure i'm looking forward to trying it out thats forsure!!! glad they finally went to a narrower front end good look thats forsure
now that right there is a good statement forsure lol

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once you've had your first pussy you usually don't stray..... Just sayin.

Okay so im looking for some help to get me off the fence on the new Cat. I have been riding Doo for the last 10yrs and had a Poo before that. So basically i dont know a whole lot about Cat. What i do know is that i sure like the look of the new chassis.
I am looking for real info and facts please. What is it about the new Cat that should make me jump to the dark side? Pro's and con's that you can see about these sleds.
The one i am considering is the Sno Pro 800 162'' that may or may not get a turbo....:d

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of prices is everyone finding and at what dealership? I went into Ralph's in Calgary today and he said 13,500.00+tax. That was my first stop but it seems a bit high.

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a 153" Sno Pro and a 162" Sno Pro for $22,000 even, out the door, American cash. So roughly $11,000 each. Beat every other deal I found by about $500 per sled.

Last edited:
Top Bottom