Doo i make the change???

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure a waste of money for arctic cats to build all those service shops attached to there dealerships if there not needed and to have all those mechanics.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure a waste of money for arctic cats to build all those service shops attached to there dealerships if there not needed and to have all those mechanics.

Those shop area's and technicians are for doing mods to sleds. LOL

All kidding aside it doesn't matter what brand you ride they all have there little quirks and issues. As far as what i have witnessed and experienced, as we rent sleds, Have rented them all except for yammies and the cats are by far the cheapest for maintenance and such than all the others. That being said the etec and new poo are seeming like they might be better. Once they prove themselves to be able to take 8000+km without having to rebuild motor and a bunch of other expenses then we'll look at renting them again.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those shop area's and technicians are for doing mods to sleds. LOL

All kidding aside it doesn't matter what brand you ride they all have there little quirks and issues. As far as what i have witnessed and experienced, as we rent sleds, Have rented them all except for yammies and the cats are by far the cheapest for maintenance and such than all the others. That being said the etec and new poo are seeming like they might be better. Once they prove themselves to be able to take 8000+km without having to rebuild motor and a bunch of other expenses then we'll look at renting them again.

Wow thank you somebody with a brain who just isnt here to brand bash. Your dead on those cat motors are undeniably strong and reliant. Doo could definetly could learn something from cat. It would be a hard decision for me not to go cat if they could get the weight down and I could stuff a 16"track under there.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you take an etec 163 and a snopro 162 out of the crate and put a can on both there is about 15lbs difference between the two from the weights i've been told from people that have weighed them both.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you take an etec 163 and a snopro 162 out of the crate and put a can on both there is about 15lbs difference between the two from the weights i've been told from people that have weighed them both.

pics speak a million words.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pics speak a million words.

Like i said it was not me personally that weighed them, the machines were weighed by two different shops. I know for a fact that the '08 Xp 163 that was the lightrest year for the xp weighed 465lbs out of the crate because i put it on the scale myself. And it was a digital scale used for weighing drag race cars where there is a scale under each ski and one under the track, it was a longacre scale if i remeber right.

From what i've founf out the new cat will handle similar to an xp because your foot position has moved about 8" closer to the front spindles, but what is different than the xp is that your feet are still farther back on the rear susp on the new cat compared to the xp. But they shortened up the front alot. When you measure from the front spindle to your foot position the new cat is about 8" closer than on the last years sled.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow thank you somebody with a brain who just isnt here to brand bash. Your dead on those cat motors are undeniably strong and reliant. Doo could definetly could learn something from cat. It would be a hard decision for me not to go cat if they could get the weight down and I could stuff a 16"track under there.
Hey franky... Maybe you should go back in some previous posts... Were you not the one who came onto this thread bashing the 1100 turbo cats?? Am I the only one reading this guys posts?? Buddy... Take a joke. You ride doo, I ride cat. Of course there's gonna be brand bashing. There's not a soul on this site that's 110% loyal to every brand of snowmobiles. You're the one who came on this thread with all the negativity. So deal with it. And they're already the lightest 4 stroke on the mountain WITH a turbo, that is. One more thing, just a tip, if you rode cat, you'd realize that you don't need a 3" massive lug track to outclimb the rest... And you can in fact fit a 3" under there, just the outside lugs have to be trimmed on an angle to clear. I'm not trying to be a dyck here, just stating facts.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what i've found out the new cat will handle similar to an xp......

I hope your wrong, because that means similar to the worst mountain chassis on the market. I've always liked the M and the Poo's for their
flickability. Why exert extra effort when there are other options available ?

Sent from my iPhone when I should be working.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like i said it was not me personally that weighed them, the machines were weighed by two different shops. I know for a fact that the '08 Xp 163 that was the lightrest year for the xp weighed 465lbs out of the crate because i put it on the scale myself. And it was a digital scale used for weighing drag race cars where there is a scale under each ski and one under the track, it was a longacre scale if i remeber right.

From what i've founf out the new cat will handle similar to an xp because your foot position has moved about 8" closer to the front spindles, but what is different than the xp is that your feet are still farther back on the rear susp on the new cat compared to the xp. But they shortened up the front alot. When you measure from the front spindle to your foot position the new cat is about 8" closer than on the last years sled.

By far its no secret the xp has gained weight every year since 08 and the e-tech has gained even more! Just seemed a backwards step too me that cat made a heavier sled than the previous chassis when poo has gone way lighter and a more ridgid chassis. with a very fun sled to ride. You guys want to believe it or not I am excited too see these new cats out this year see how they do and how they handle. Out of 7 of my riding buddies 4 of them are cats it will be interestng to see what they think of these new machines.

Bring on the snow.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think you did read my posts cause I said the 1100T is gonna be good for what it is intended for going straight. Nobody builds a 4 stroke sled cause there light and flickable they build them cause they climb. I am gonna say this again read very carefully IMHO there is gonna be a lot of dissapointed people this season cause guys are gonna buy this sled based soley on hp numbers and not really look at what this sled is intended for period. Where they could of gone to the 800 and been down on hp but have a more enjoyable sled to ride.

As far as the 3" goes I want to be able to fit a 16" wide track under there thats a plus for me on the doo. I like the big footprint of that 16" wide track if I could do this in a poo or cat I would look more closley at them but I cant. If you ever rode a 3" track there is no sled that can touch it when its deep or early season that track is a monster in any chassis more so in the doo when you dont have to cut it. The 3" sucks when the snow gets set up (late season) the paddles bend over thats where the 2.25 or the 2.5 shine. But for my riding and what I enjoy the 3" in a 16" wide does it for me. The 3" is like a mud tire works well in the mud but sucks doing everything else where the 2.25 or 2.5 is like an all terrain does it all but dosent really excel in any one area.

i ride with 4 cats and 3 doo's including myself and there is gonna be a new poo in the mix this year. All the cats are bone stock 153 one doo is a stock 154 the other doo is 880 163 and mine this year at a 860 174. I have ridden those cats lots and will never deny for an out of the box sled they are undeniably a fun sled to ride very easy to sidehill and boondock with. As far as out of the box climbing the doo seems to have that advantage IMHO due to that 16" wide track.

Send me a pm sometime if your in revy/sicamous area and its before april sometime I would love to show you what a 3" can doo.

Last edited:

mynewuseddoo

Reaction score
I dont think you did read my posts cause I said the 1100T is gonna be good for what it is intended for going straight. Nobody builds a 4 stroke sled cause there light and flickable they build them cause they climb. I am gonna say this again read very carefully IMHO there is gonna be a lot of dissapointed people this season cause guys are gonna buy this sled based soley on hp numbers and not really look at what this sled is intended for period. Where they could of gone to the 800 and been down on hp but have a more enjoyable sled to ride.

As far as the 3" goes I want to be able to fit a 16" wide track under there thats a plus for me on the doo. I like the big footprint of that 16" wide track if I could do this in a poo or cat I would look more closley at them but I cant. If you ever rode a 3" track there is no sled that can touch it when its deep or early season that track is a monster in any chassis more so in the doo when you dont have to cut it. The 3" sucks when the snow gets set up (late season) the paddles bend over thats where the 2.25 or the 2.5 shine. But for my riding and what I enjoy the 3" in a 16" wide does it for me. The 3" is like a mud tire works well in the mud but sucks doing everything else where the 2.25 or 2.5 is like an all terrain does it all but dosent really excel in any one area.

i ride with 4 cats and 3 doo's including myself and there is gonna be a new poo in the mix this year. All the cats are bone stock 153 one doo is a stock 154 the other doo is 880 163 and mine this year at a 860 174. I have ridden those cats lots and will never deny for an out of the box sled they are undeniably a fun sled to ride very easy to sidehill and boondock with. As far as out of the box climbing the doo seems to have that advantage IMHO due to that 16" wide track.

Send me a pm sometime if your in revy/sicamous area and its before april sometime I would love to show you what a 3" can doo.

Just cut the 3" extreme down to 15" wide, it's work great. I know a lot of guys running the 15" wide tracks on their doo's and apex's and they love'em. Makes their sleds more flickable and they have just as much traction. From what I've seen on a regular basis, that little half inch on either side of the 16" wide tracks don't make any difference compared to the 15".

Top Bottom