Doo Belts

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone run anything other Than Doo belts? If so what kind and how do they compare?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo used to make a "gold" series belt that was a harder compound but not a top cog. Got about 400 more km from the gold belt but to stiff for cold days just like they warned me. It was also about $20 cheaper.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about Carlisle?

I'm planning to run an XS... i'm sure others have.

Luvinit

Reaction score
Just watch your belt length. Tried a gates mountain belt, it was longer and i ran out of adjustment real quick.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about Carlisle?

I'm planning to run an XS... i'm sure others have.
i run the carlisle xs exteme belts designed for high hp on my mod and they seem to work well for me they are about $50 cheaper than doo

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've tried carlisle, dayco and ultimax, tried gates got 30 km out of it and it blew went back to doo belts last by far longer than any other belt that I've run. Pay alittle more but they last longer. Best thing you can do is put a roller secondary on it and you'll find your belt usage is cut way down, did that last year on my 700 summit and only went thru one belt all season it was nice.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, the ultimax xs 803 is only $89 from royal. with a year warranty that's like $45 a belt.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the Carlilse Ultimax 3 belts on my old Summit. I have a stock engine and original secondary on it. I have been getting about 3 years use out of these belts with no troubles at all. I also wash the new belt with soap and water to clean of the belt residue. Then I break it in with a gentle 20 mile ride on the flat ground. I also have the proper alignment tool for the secondary. I make sure my alignment is good every second weekend. The sled just got a Team secondary which is going on the sled today. Overall, I am very happy with these belts. P/S,just got back in from my first run with the Team clutch. Works much nicer than the stock secondary.

Last edited:
Top Bottom