Doo 1200 turbo feedback

Chunk

Reaction score
Looking at a t1200. Looking for feedback on how they run, what kit you're running, belt life, etc. thanks

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One word. Heavy!

They a4e heavier than a xp but are lighter than a nytro or a cat. Best handling 4s out there. Mine has been great. Close to 3000 miles second belt...changed for the sake of breaking in a spare. All depends on clutch setup. .what primary?
Very happy with mine...gas and go otherwise turn it off and walk away after a ride.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are a great sled if done properly they are expensive to build but worth it.
Eric

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at a t1200. Looking for feedback on how they run, what kit you're running, belt life, etc. thanks

You'd be better off with a used nytro or apex built by someone that actually rides......don't see too many 1200 turbo sleds running good

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha....that's what I meant ...buy one built from someone that rides....like a TSS....anything powderlites might be a mistake.
I agree TSS is the way to go for sure if you want a 1200. That is a powderlites kit tho in the vid. Tuned by TSS. This is an old vid too. There is some better stuff available now.

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just trying to pitch my apex at him!!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen one 2 years ago in Revy, not sure of the kit but it seemed to go good! We where in about 2' of fresh and it was only a 144 or 141 and seemed to have no trouble!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Powderlites

Reaction score
Skidoo 1200 has come along was with new turbo, water to air intercooler airbox and large ID long tube header. Most problems were from fuel system pump and pickups plus bad relay which we have know how to make run properly all the time now. Here is picture of latest build with 12 hours on it.

Attachments

• P1010275a.jpg
    P1010275a.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 155

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skidoo 1200 has come along was with new turbo, water to air intercooler airbox and large ID long tube header. Most problems were from fuel system pump and pickups plus bad relay which we have know how to make run properly all the time now. Here is picture of latest build with 12 hours on it.

Have you tried putting a 1200 in the xm chassis? That would be a winner

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you tried putting a 1200 in the xm chassis? That would be a winner
Frame is the same...only plastic needs to be changed. More money to convert the XR to a XM compared to a XP as the headlight assembly needs to be changed for the XM plastic too. I would also be worried a little about airflow...XM plastic is pretty tight to get much air moving underhood

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I've got a powderlites stage 3 with motec. Wouldn't trade it for the world! Had small issue at start and now runs flawless. Have had great success with kit and service from powderlites. Power comes on way earlier (lower RPM) then nytro's and much more nimble with xp front end(JMHO). Just got to put lots of venting to get the heat out as there is lots of heat under the hood with front mount turbo. I know i could never go back to 2 stroke after having the power. As for heavy...they are heavier then a e-tec but I still go where my buddies go in the trees no problems and when the power is needed it's there while they get stuck. Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom