Don't even know what to say about this...

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
B.C. SPCA probes mass killing of sled dogs
Last Updated: Monday, January 31, 2011 | 9:51 AM PT Comments3Recommend0CBC News

According to WorkSafeBC documents, an employee of Outdoor Adventures Whistler suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder after being ordered to shoot 100 dogs in April 2010. (Outdoors Adventures Whistler website)
British Columbia SPCA officers are heading to Whistler to investigate claims that 100 healthy sled dogs were slaughtered after tourism sagged following the 2010 Olympics.

The allegations are contained in a filing to WorkSafeBC, the province's workers' compensation board.

According to the documents, an employee of Outdoor Adventures Whistler was compensated for post-traumatic stress disorder after being ordered to shoot the animals in April 2010.

The unidentified man said 100 dogs from a pack of 300 were killed.

His lawyer, Corey Steinberg, said his client felt backed into a corner by his employer.

"He just wanted the greatest happiness for the greatest number of dogs. He had to choose — do I keep 200 dogs and make their lives great or do I stick here with the 300 that I have and I'm being told by my employer, you deal with it, you figure it out, there's not really much more we can do for you," Steinberg said.

The general manager of cruelty investigations for the B.C. SPCA, Marcie Moriarty, said the mass killing was likely motivated by greed. She wonders why the company had so many dogs when it couldn't keep them healthy. She said the dogs appear to have died a horrible death.

"I won't use the term euthanized [which] implies a humane death and I can say that based on his description, at least a number of dogs did not have a humane death. His descriptions of using a shotgun, blowing off half of the dog's head while it ran off, a dog crawling out of a mass grave, it just made me shudder," Moriarty said.

Moriarty said investigators would try to locate the burial site and perform necropsies.

Outdoors Adventures Whistler told CBC News there is an explanation for the killings, but is refusing to divulge it right now.

Read more:

SICK FU@KS!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
B.C. SPCA probes mass killing of sled dogs
Last Updated: Monday, January 31, 2011 | 9:51 AM PT Comments3Recommend0CBC News

According to WorkSafeBC documents, an employee of Outdoor Adventures Whistler suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder after being ordered to shoot 100 dogs in April 2010. (Outdoors Adventures Whistler website)
British Columbia SPCA officers are heading to Whistler to investigate claims that 100 healthy sled dogs were slaughtered after tourism sagged following the 2010 Olympics.

The allegations are contained in a filing to WorkSafeBC, the province's workers' compensation board.

According to the documents, an employee of Outdoor Adventures Whistler was compensated for post-traumatic stress disorder after being ordered to shoot the animals in April 2010.

The unidentified man said 100 dogs from a pack of 300 were killed.

His lawyer, Corey Steinberg, said his client felt backed into a corner by his employer.

"He just wanted the greatest happiness for the greatest number of dogs. He had to choose — do I keep 200 dogs and make their lives great or do I stick here with the 300 that I have and I'm being told by my employer, you deal with it, you figure it out, there's not really much more we can do for you," Steinberg said.

The general manager of cruelty investigations for the B.C. SPCA, Marcie Moriarty, said the mass killing was likely motivated by greed. She wonders why the company had so many dogs when it couldn't keep them healthy. She said the dogs appear to have died a horrible death.

"I won't use the term euthanized [which] implies a humane death and I can say that based on his description, at least a number of dogs did not have a humane death. His descriptions of using a shotgun, blowing off half of the dog's head while it ran off, a dog crawling out of a mass grave, it just made me shudder," Moriarty said.

Moriarty said investigators would try to locate the burial site and perform necropsies.

Outdoors Adventures Whistler told CBC News there is an explanation for the killings, but is refusing to divulge it right now.

Read more:

SICK FU@KS!

Wow and isn't that the truth.....SICK FU@KS!

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a hard time believeing that to be true, but if it is...YES SICK !!!. At least it should keep the do gooders busy and away from trying to shut down sledding.

Last edited by a moderator:

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard about it on the radio this morning and it sounds like its all true. The employee said he killed something like 80 dogs then the employer admitted it to be more like 100. just sick i am sure there would be some one out there that would have taken them in.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so my question is why didn't the spca take the dogs before the owner did this. claims he tried to find good homes? 300 dogs is one big azz food bill, doesn't sound like a good business plan was made. some people.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
If my employer told me to go shoot 100 dogs as my daily task... I'd have called the SPCA right away...not after I shot the dogs....

The world is full of losers....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If my employer told me to go shoot 100 dogs as my daily task... I'd have called the SPCA right away...not after I shot the dogs....

The world is full of losers....
doesn't look as tho he called the SPCA at all....investigation began as a result of him being treated for PTSD....

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
doesn't look as tho he called the SPCA at all....investigation began as a result of him being treated for PTSD....

your right....

the dude who did the deed is just as much as a loser retard as the employer who ordered it...

friggin losers...

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep and the guy that was doin his job and pulled the trigger ....is no btter than the sorry, uncompasionate peice of Chit that ordered it in the first place...there is no excuse in this day and age for this type of thing to happen....he'd better get a lawyer cause both their sorry arse's should be in jail!

Had they posted these dogs up for adotption I am sure there are sled teams all over Canada that would have taken them in or did they even try? Doesn't sound like it....LOSERS! That is just so wrong and cruel....makes me fume! :realmad:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It just brings up sooo many questions.

Why wasn't the SPCA called right away, before any shooting? Or how about calling every rescue society in Canada. They have dealt with sled dog teams before and been successful.

Why didn't the owner have the balls to do it himself????

Seems to me this would have been swept under the carpet had it not been for the claim. Also seems quite obvious this was done for money otherwise the owner could have called a vet for puting them down, or put them up for adoption and absorbed some of the costs associated. This was the cheapest and easist way out.

Maybe the shooter has realized how wrong he was and is now using PTSD as his copout.

I hope the owner and shooter dreams of being attacked by these dead dogs every single night of their lives.

On their webiste they claim to be invironmentally responsible...stewards of the environment.

Shut them down and go to jail!

Bill Daley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How can people be this damn stupid.The owner and worker both deserve a lot more than just jail.I hope someone kicks the living crap out of both of them before their sentence,if they even get one.:realmad::realmad:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's even more disgusting that the owner didn't have the ballz to do the unpleasant job himself-- left it to some other poor schmoe to do the unthinkable and then live with the psychological aftermath. Lowlife scum is going to burn in hell with the sound of howling and dying sled dogs ringing in his ears for an eternity.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy fawk.

Im sorry, but if someone told me to shoot 70 dogs, I would walk away from that occupation forever.

I hope everyone goes down for this one.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In now way do I condone these actions.
My take from the write up is, worker gets told to do a job, may not like the job but possibley gets told do it or start looking.
Anyone who has worked with or owns animals knows there is an attachment to them. He does the job he is told to do, after it is done can no longer deal with it and finally says something to someone.
Will this company be out of work now. I sure hope so , is the owner of the dogs able to own an other animals. I sure hope not i wouldnt care if he wanted a pet gold fish if i were the judge he would be in jail for murder and never own a pet again or be in direct contact with any pet. Then he could look at his kids and tell them why they can not have a pet.
Yes i hope the owner of the dogs battles the rest of hs life with this. If these were people he would be up for crimes relating to genocide.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the finger pointing and passing of blame has begun.

Outdoor Adventures Whistler has a spokesperson saying that OAW had a "financial interest" in the dog sled portion of the business, but that the "operations" portion was controlled by the guy who did the shooting.

If you had a financial interest in a business wouldn't you want to know that your financial interests met your coporate policy.

They will keep spinning and passing the blame till it just fades away.

Hopefully the BC SPCA investigation will fill in the blanks.

Quote from Spokesperson:

"While we were aware of the relocation and euthanization of dogs at "Howling Dog Tours" we were completely unaware of the details of the incident until reading the WCB document Sunday," he stated in the release. Aldcroft then goes on to say there are no longer any firearms on site and when a dog has to be euthanized the animal is taken to a veterinarian.

A corporate search conducted by one reporter shows 29 year old Joey Houssain as the director for both Outdoor Adventures Whistler and Howling Dog Tours.

Vancouver Sun published some of the gory details. F'd up!!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"the decision to kill the dogs was purely economical, and the company resorted to allegedly slaughtering the dogs after a veterinarian refused to put down the perfectly health sled dogs."

"investigators have been in contact with Outdoor Adventures Whistler, but inferred several of the parties involved have obtained lawyers and “may not be forthcoming.”"

More of the actual kill details are being released and it is really, really nasty. I don't even know how this guy could do it based on what he says was done.

Joey Houssain is the son of Intrawest founder Joe Houssain. That kind of money should buy a pretty good lawyer.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
"the decision to kill the dogs was purely economical, and the company resorted to allegedly slaughtering the dogs after a veterinarian refused to put down the perfectly health sled dogs."

"investigators have been in contact with Outdoor Adventures Whistler, but inferred several of the parties involved have obtained lawyers and “may not be forthcoming.”"

More of the actual kill details are being released and it is really, really nasty. I don't even know how this guy could do it based on what he says was done.

Joey Houssain is the son of Intrawest founder Joe Houssain. That kind of money should buy a pretty good lawyer.

Are they related to sadam???lol
Frickin stiupid story tho, i woulda taken sum sled dogs.

Top Bottom