Don't eat bats.......

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so ............................ is this where the saying "bat**** crazy" came from?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping out of this people begin to realize the impact globalization has had on us all. That there is benefits to buying something from the local dealer or retailer down the street instead of from Amazon, and the products they sell should be made in North America. Right now we have no choice, we don't have any diplomatic standing to go after China for this virus, or to influence them to change their ways, all they'd have to do is stop selling us goods and we'd be up sh!t creek.

We all look at ourselves as first class citizens in a country at the pinnacle of technological advancement. Could you imagine what would happen if we had to build our own cell phones in country? What a turd that would be. We depend on China for everything.

There are costs to being so interdependent and interconnected with other nations, this virus is one of them.

Some good points for sure, but keep in mind we export a lot more than we import. If every country goes back to isolating itself we'll go broke here.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some good points for sure, but keep in mind we export a lot more than we import. If every country goes back to isolating itself we'll go broke here.

True, pure isolationism would be a disaster for everyone. We’re now seeing the problems with globalization, particularly when one authoritarian country that artificially manipulates its currency and deliberately keeps the wages for its workers low, takes over manufacturing.
The silver lining to this coved crisis is that western countries will repatriate critical manufacturing back onshore, so no one country can control the supply of strategic items and materials.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
f5a97bfa5950bb97c0caa728ba3f93fc.jpg

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They got to do a better job with managing their markets. Has to be some kind of accountability after all this.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree. They have spread a number of deadly virus's around the world and have not even apologized from what I know? We need to find a way to seperate our reliance on them somehow but I wouldn't know where to even start

Top Bottom