Don't buy cheap tools..........

mudhunter

Reaction score
Bought a grease gun at a local store ( PAuto).... Went to lube my friends machine(thank goodness it wasn't mine :rolleyes: ), and SNAP! :rant: the head of the grease zerk snaps off with the threads still in the hole.... At least it was an easy fix.... I was expecting some problems getting the threads out.. But a small ez out worked with little effort, replaced with CTire specials and off to the races....

Get the dust off that winch....

Mudhunter

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cheep tools are fine. i use cheep tools all the time, never have a problem.
BUT if a cheep tool looks like a cheep tool dont buy it you'll only spend more money later

but i agree how does a zerk braking off make the gun a cheep tool?
ehh but don't you just love thoughs crappy-tires specials

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy one from Bumper to Bumper I think I paid $40.00 to $60.00 for it.

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a grease gun at a local store ( PAuto).... Went to lube my friends machine(thank goodness it wasn't mine :rolleyes: ), and SNAP! :rant: the head of the grease zerk snaps off with the threads still in the hole.... At least it was an easy fix.... I was expecting some problems getting the threads out.. But a small ez out worked with little effort, replaced with CTire specials and off to the races....

Get the dust off that winch....

Mudhunter

:confused: That's like twisting off a nut and saying the wrench is cheap :d

Did I miss something? I know in regards to the grease gun I have a rubber hose on mine instead of a solid pipe................sure makes it easier to get at those nipples...........:d

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like some of the cheap tools out there... If a guy needs a tool he isn`t going to use much and doesn`t want to dish out cash for a Mac or Snapon then Princess Auto is the way to go... We all know they are cheap knock offs but, will do in most cases for the back yard guy... Just my :twocents:

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like some of the cheap tools out there... If a guy needs a tool he isn`t going to use much and doesn`t want to dish out cash for a Mac or Snapon then Princess Auto is the way to go... We all know they are cheap knock offs but, will do in most cases for the back yard guy... Just my :twocents:

Exactly, depends on the application and how often ones uses it. I don't recommend the "C-Clip" red tool kit case from Princess Auto................When one has their sled apart and the tips break off the c-clip tool, it's a bitch when you have to go buy another kit/tool :d now I have a GOOD C-clip tool kit. ha

Hope Im not changing the topic from the original post..............what was it again? lol

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Yup last summer a friend was installing and 5th wheel hitch when he was tightening the nuts with the boxed end when he pushed hard on it it went "ping" and the most excruciating pain he had ever felt. He came out from under the truck holding his eye thought it was bleeding when he looked into his hand all the fluid from his eye drained out :eek:. He was all alone on the farm he phoned his wife who came home a rushed him to the hospital. They stitched up his eye and refilled it now almost a year later he only has about 40% vision in it and he gets massive headaches from the sun due to his pupil always being dialated
So don't use cheap tools and wear the safety glasses

mudhunter

Reaction score
After rereading my message i realize I left out an important bit of info, I tried two of them before realizing the thing wasn't releasing the zerk... Needed pliers to remove the broken end. Bought a new end from CTire and the unit works fine... The rubber hose is the way to go...
Possibly could have been operator error though....:beer:

And you can still get a lot of great stuff from PAuto or Ctire..

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tend to buy quality tools most of the time. Reason being is A) I make my living with said tools B) Warranty is generally better and C) I can't stand cheap made-in-China crap. Yeah princess auto has its place and for some things its ok but I put my trust in a Mac or Snap-On tool thanks:)

rmk mod

Reaction score
I have a MAC grease gun that locks the same way as you are talking about, reason for that is so you don't have to have one arm contorted while useing the other to pump, the end stays on without having to hold it. All you have to do when finished is turn the end to the side, and off she comes.

Top Bottom