Done for the season

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding up in Flatbush on the weekend seize my motor it cool off it fire up ran well thought it be ok nope wrong shut off before it seize tow it home the snow was deep didn't want to go home .Start doing the r&r this week kinda choke about less then 3000k.m on the motor time to build a bullet proof engine

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weird never heard of a sled motor blowing up :p.

It happens just add money and you will be up and running in no time.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finish tear down the engine 2010 800r I think I ingest to much powder there no scoring on the cylinder no holes in the piston ring groove is a little chew up nothing serious tossing the idea change to Wisco piston about $150 cheaper than Brp compete kit $479 compare over $600 brp

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks dude. To be fair, 3000 kms isn't a horrible run on a top end. Its odd that there's no scoring on the pistons. Are you able to post a pic?

I'd shy away from wiseco. They're good pistons, but, bring forged, they're fairly picky on tolerances, and warm up time becomes critical.

Whichever way you go, keep us posted, and good luck!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks dude. To be fair, 3000 kms isn't a horrible run on a top end. Its odd that there's no scoring on the pistons. Are you able to post a pic?

I'd shy away from wiseco. They're good pistons, but, bring forged, they're fairly picky on tolerances, and warm up time becomes critical.

Whichever way you go, keep us posted, and good luck!

Finish tear down the engine 2010 800r I think I ingest to much powder there no scoring on the cylinder no holes in the piston ring groove is a little chew up nothing serious tossing the idea change to Wisco piston about $150 cheaper than Brp compete kit $479 compare over $600 brp

No wiscos.

Go with m.c.b 2 ring pistons.

Talk to kore from here.

Think its 350 for top end gaskets , pistons , pins , bearings , clips.

Can't go wrong and real good stuff.

Plus u loose the heat fade power loss with the 2 rings.

from my HTC

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with CV teck engine when my 2010 dragon blew up to many pieces and nothing but many,many issues (2 more blow ups). will never buy another engine from them

Top Bottom