Donald Trump can kiss my Azz

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get it. In your mind Trump is punishing Canada because of our immigration policy and because "he can squash us". Nice to support a leader that give a rats a$$ to us Canadians.

I will not filter my responses - they are all valid points as to why the US would favor Russia over Canada.

Just how it is - to bad so sad.

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
need to understand this from Trump supporters. So, Trump lifted sanctions for 3 Russian companies (I believe two produce aluminium) with very close ties to Putin (although owner has distanced himself from his companies). So, my question is why would the US support Russian companies while Canadian aluminium companies continue to pay illegal tariffs. This makes zero sense and just indicates Trump prefers to do business/favour with their long term adversary instead of companies within the US circle of close allies. Something is very fishy here!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/sanctions-aluminum-rusal-lifted-1.4995470
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the US and Canada each have a 10% AL tariff on each other? Also, wasn't there a lot of whining from the EU to do this? Doesn't everything in Russia have close ties to Putin? Could there also be something going on that we know nothing of the details, such as something of a defense nature or negotiations with North Korea or China?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get it. In your mind Trump is punishing Canada because of our immigration policy and because "he can squash us". Nice to support a leader that give a rats a$$ to us Canadians.

Now that right there is a "but but" answer if I ever read one!!!!!

ROFLMFAO

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the tariffs from Canada to US was in retaliation to the illegal tariffs placed first by the Trump admin. Not sure if I understand correctly on the EU question? And yes you are right Putin has his fingers on everything in that nature but wouldn't that be more of a deterrent to stay away? I highly doubt the decision has anything to do with anything else but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the US and Canada each have a 10% AL tariff on each other? Also, wasn't there a lot of whining from the EU to do this? Doesn't everything in Russia have close ties to Putin? Could there also be something going on that we know nothing of the details, such as something of a defense nature or negotiations with North Korea or China?

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the tariffs from Canada to US was in retaliation to the illegal tariffs placed first by the Trump admin. Not sure if I understand correctly on the EU question? And yes you are right Putin has his fingers on everything in that nature but wouldn't that be more of a deterrent to stay away? I highly doubt the decision has anything to do with anything else but I guess we will have to wait and see.
January 11
The European Union is pushing Congress to support Treasury Department plans to lift sanctions on a Russian aluminum company a Vladimir Putin ally, saying the sanctions have harmed European factories.
Aluminum plants “in Austria, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, and the United Kingdom have faced increased prices and significant challenges in maintaining their daily operations” since the U.S. imposed sanctions last year on , said a Jan. 4 letter signed by ambassadors from the E.U. and the named countries.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Read an article today that libs have collected just under $900 million in tarrifs on raw metals and are unsure what to do with the revenue. Many people have been fooled imo by what Trump claimed as his objective with tarrifs versus the true objective. Lower taxes and then tarrif goods people think they are getting a tax break but everything they buy is more expensive.

Last edited:

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will not filter my responses - they are all valid points as to why the US would favor Russia over Canada.

Just how it is - to bad so sad.
These fools try to tie everything concerning Trump to Russia, it's honestly pretty sad that they would believe that Trump prefers the Russians over his own people. Trump has done more for this country than the last 4 presidents combined. Just wait until Mueller finishes his investigation and testifies that there was no collusion with Russia and the Trump campaign, watch the left and the MSM turn on him like a junk yard dog.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• 1D1249D9-A1A9-448F-9E67-4FA1FCF4EF10.jpeg
    1D1249D9-A1A9-448F-9E67-4FA1FCF4EF10.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 121

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2009 our dollar was doing better then it is now. What's our excuse, if were not in this so called great recession anymore?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2009 our dollar was doing better then it is now. What's our excuse, if were not in this so called great recession anymore?
Our dollar wasn't doing better so much as the US dollar was doing worse. The great recession hit the US harder than in Canada because we had stricter banking laws that didn't precipitate into a housing meltdown. Also Canada is a petro dollar and the recessions impact on oil prices was short lived ($100 in 2008, $62 in 2009 and back up to $80 in 2010) so our currency wasn't hit as hard either.

Some of these measures have nothing to do with the leader for example we all know Trudeau is a spendthrift idiot but current unemployment in Canada is lower under Shiny Pony (5.5%) than it was under Harper in 2009 (7%). Because the world economy is in better shape.

Top Bottom