Doesn't look good for Bruderhiem

jofstie

Reaction score
Drove by the pits north of Bruderhiem yesterday and noticed that the fire went right through the riding area there. Fire pretty much burnt up both sides of highway 830.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i heard that county of strathcona has put on some sort of ban for atv's. i only heard that from someone, may not be 100% true

VintageDOO

Reaction score
Just checked County of Strathcona web site, no ban on atv's just a use caution, quad must have a spark arrestor. Sturgeon county still has a atv ban.

WhIpLaSh

Reaction score
apparently there closin down that whole area all thru summer. thats what E&S in ft sask. told me moments ago.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I've got a request in with the county of Lamont asking if we can have an excepmtion to the ATV ban for possibly next weekend in order to get in there with Truck/trailer/ATV to do a good clean up most likely under county direction. I've been told the St.Michael landfill will likely allow us to disspose of the garbage from the area there and the county should be able to provide trucks and trailers.
I'll let you all know how the process is comming along as I get more info....Probably safe to assume that by next weekend the area will be WET and I know the local residents are in favor of a large scale clean-up......This does not mean that we will be able to access the area whenever we want but time will tell what happens there. Nothing is decided yet but I do have people looking into the arrangements

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a request in with the county of Lamont asking if we can have an excepmtion to the ATV ban for possibly next weekend in order to get in there with Truck/trailer/ATV to do a good clean up most likely under county direction. I've been told the St.Michael landfill will likely allow us to disspose of the garbage from the area there and the county should be able to provide trucks and trailers.
I'll let you all know how the process is comming along as I get more info....Probably safe to assume that by next weekend the area will be WET and I know the local residents are in favor of a large scale clean-up......This does not mean that we will be able to access the area whenever we want but time will tell what happens there. Nothing is decided yet but I do have people looking into the arrangements

where is this clean up?

700Dragon

Reaction score
Hopefully the riding is done for good in Bruderheim....we are sick and tired of people wrecking the riding area for the riders in the local area....getting to conjested from people in Edmonton and surrounding area. To bad it took such a tragic ordeal to do it !!!!!!!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is a pretty shallow statement,what your saying is everybody should stay home and ride in there own areas,Think about that when you head out with friends to lets say Rocky or Drayton or better yet,you are one of the people that should only ride in your local areas and stay off the rest of the trails cause there all mine!
catmando!

Robins

Reaction score
Hopefully the riding is done for good in Bruderheim....we are sick and tired of people wrecking the riding area for the riders in the local area....getting to conjested from people in Edmonton and surrounding area. To bad it took such a tragic ordeal to do it !!!!!!!

Now, who is "we"... Lets hear what they have to say! Get your friends on here so the rest of us RESPONSIBLE riders know who you are speaking for.

I grew up in Fort Sask. and have been riding Bruderheim for +20 years and it would be a shame to have that great riding area shut down. Oh, and if it gets shut down you also lose your riding area!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
where is this clean up?[/QUOT

I will let everyone know, soon as I find out.... Far as CMD's Statements about the area in general......Couldn't agree more... and we don't agree on much....Bwahahahahaha...

All fine and good to ride Nordeg, drayton, Vega, Redwater, Gibbons....ect.... but give some consideration to those who live in those areas.....or risk making us all look like you

Give your Fuggin head a shake........

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Very poor thought process, Must be real nice riding that polass in the sand pits as I'm sure you don't ride in the mtns, kind of a waste of sled for bruder.

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i must agree this is a very bad statment there are lots of riders from all over the place, whether it be locals or people from out of town that are responsible. just the same as there are some "locals" that are not so responsible. just because your from a certant area does not mean you automatly respect it. there are people out there that just don't give a chit. they are the ones that need to be band. but because they can't ban certant people, they will ban everyone including YOU. yes this incident is tragic but we must all pick up the pieces and rebuild as best we can and hopefully it wont happen in the future.

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Off to a good start 700Dragon, your not allowed to go to my Oilers games anymore, get your own dam NHL team! BWAA HAA HA! goofball:d

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
brining up an old thread, anyone know whats going on with this area? last i heard there was going to be an atv ban, shame cus my acreage is only 5 km away...

i wouldnt mind volunteering to help keep it cleen

Top Bottom