Does anyones kids race bmx?

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just went to the okotoks bmx race night it was a good night. My boy has been interested for a while in bmx on the way home went to get some beers and source for sport was open. So went to look at there bikes and picking up a redline bmx tomorrow. Going to get some practice in for the rest of the year then sign him up next year for the season. Here is the bike to get him started

Last edited:

Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We signed both boys up this year. Neither has raced as baseball etc got in the way. Now they are going to practice nights on Tuesdays just to get some track time with the other kids. The 10 year old will probably get a few races in this year but not sure about the 6 year old. He's still scared of the gate but we are working on it.

Maybe we'll see you out there. You may be able to sign your kid up for just practice nights. Check with the people at the track. Usually someone there on Tuesdays and always someone on Wednsday.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
our son did it for a while liked it but was tough to compete. the old man was to cheap to but him a better bike. the one he had was way to heavy.
best advice i could give you is get him a light one lighter the better. my cousin races pro now in canada has been racing for about 10 yrs or so and hes 20 now. loves it . and the chicks dig racers. he'll have a blast.
nice choice on the bike he should do good on that.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We signed both boys up this year. Neither has raced as baseball etc got in the way. Now they are going to practice nights on Tuesdays just to get some track time with the other kids. The 10 year old will probably get a few races in this year but not sure about the 6 year old. He's still scared of the gate but we are working on it.

Maybe we'll see you out there. You may be able to sign your kid up for just practice nights. Check with the people at the track. Usually someone there on Tuesdays and always someone on Wednsday.

Thank you for the info picked up the bike tonight just got home from the track he was doing really good. As its his first time on that type of bike just needs to get some help from other riders of his age and he should do well and have fun.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
never raced but I was heavy into the freestyle, 1/2 pipe and technical riding.... until I face planted off a concrete wall .... 140 stitches (100 of them inside my mouth) busted nose, 4 missing teeth.... sold the bike and took up skateboarding....

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been riding bmx for longer than I care to admit, also on the freestyle side of things. It's a really good time, but it can manage to get pretty dang expensive pretty dang quick. Parts don't come cheap when they break.

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be prepared to go through tires once he starts racing, I race downhill (little diffrent than BMX) and you go through tires and parts faster than you care too thats for sure. Biking is an expensive sport!

Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention. I have a Haro Tangent bike for sale. Expert frame. $250 takes it away.

Top Bottom