Does anybody know how old you have to be to drive STAND UP jet ski in Canada,Ontario

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Does anybody know ?:confused:

must be 16 years of age to operate any PWC in ontario...

Let me google that for you

Can my child operate my boat if I am on board ?

Yes. Youth less than 12 years of age must be directly supervised in the operation of pleasure boat with a motor greater than 10 horsepower. Youth between the ages of 12 and under 16 must be directly supervised during their operation of a pleasure boat with a motor greater than 40 horsepower. In all cases, the youth being supervised must also possess the required proof of competency. All operators of personal watercraft must be at least 16 years of age, regardless of supervision or training.

sleadhead234

Reaction score
does anyone know if a mbrp can from a 03 mountian cat 800 would fit on a 03 mountian cat 600? please let me know!

BrownEyes420

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Snow and Mud!

I don't know about rules in Ontario, but I do know everyone in Canada has to have the "pleasure craft operators license" to drive anything on water now.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just get your pleasure craft liscense, and you should be good. If your under 16 or something (i think it's 16) your only limited to a certain number of horsepower you can operate, I can't remember what the horsepower limit was but really, who's gonna check.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Just get your pleasure craft liscense, and you should be good. If your under 16 or something (i think it's 16) your only limited to a certain number of horsepower you can operate, I can't remember what the horsepower limit was but really, who's gonna check.

as bogger posted above, you must be 16 to operate with out certified adult super vision, and should they happen to check they can confiscate the water craft and hand out HUGE fines, i know here in alberta fish and wold life are out more and more every year checking everyone for operators cards, license #'s on boats, ect.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And I guess my post was pretty much just the same as boggers. Whoops didn't see it until now, anyways welcome to s&m :d

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
straight from the Ontario marine regulations....
MUST be 16 years of age to operate any PWC in ontario...
Let me google that for you

Can my child operate my boat if I am on board ?

Yes. Youth less than 12 years of age must be directly supervised in the operation of pleasure boat with a motor greater than 10 horsepower. Youth between the ages of 12 and under 16 must be directly supervised during their operation of a pleasure boat with a motor greater than 40 horsepower. In all cases, the youth being supervised must also possess the required proof of competency. All operators of personal watercraft must be at least 16 years of age, regardless of supervision or training.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
straight from the Ontario marine regulations....

hey bogger what is the youngest a kid can be to drive a boat with less than 40 hp with adult supervision in BC? or under 10 HP? I could pull one spark plug wire off the kids jet ski! lol can the kid write his test and get a pleasure craft licence with me supervising him on the lake? he drives better than most adults on the lake! Bogger....you are just full of great info!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I don't make the fawking rules.... a question was asked and in under 2 mins I found the answer...

Under 12 years of age, and not directly supervised

Can operate vessels with under 10 hp

Between 12 years and under 16 years of age,and not directly supervised

Can operate vessels with under 40 hp

Under 16 years of age

Not allowed to operate a PWC

16 years of age and over

No power restrictions

Never said I agree, it is what it is...

hey bogger what is the youngest a kid can be to drive a boat with less than 40 hp with adult supervision in BC? or under 10 HP? I could pull one spark plug wire off the kids jet ski! lol can the kid write his test and get a pleasure craft licence with me supervising him on the lake? he drives better than most adults on the lake! Bogger....you are just full of great info!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Why do you have to be such a tool? The guy quoted the regulations, he didn't write them.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do you have to be such a tool? The guy quoted the regulations, he didn't write them.

oh my god....who pissed in your corn flakes? I was asking bogger a question since i figured he knew the answer! at no point did I bitch or anything? some people have nothing better to do than think the worst? tool.....look in the mirror! first time I have been bitched out for asking a simple question.......I have read this over and over and dont see why you jumped in and said I'm a tool.......please explain?

Last edited:
Top Bottom