dodge single lights messed up

monster sledder

Reaction score
got a problem!!! when i turn on my left single light my right one will flash till i adjust my tilt steering, then it will work good for a bit then it will do it again till i move my wheel. its on a 2003 dodge, i know they had issues with this just wondering if someone know what i should be looking for im sure its in the steering column

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 03 used to do that as well. Bought a new switch and have it sitting on the shelf, but haven't had problems since I bought the darn switch.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
The wiring inside the steering column is probably broken and shorting across some of the exposed wires, or you have a faulty signal switch....... We've repaired a few of these harness..... Fairly common on the older dodges with tilt steering

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got a problem!!! when i turn on my left single light my right one will flash till i adjust my tilt steering, then it will work good for a bit then it will do it again till i move my wheel. its on a 2003 dodge, i know they had issues with this just wondering if someone know what i should be looking for im sure its in the steering column

I received a "turn signal multifunction switch extended warranty" notice in the mail last month for my 2006. They extended my warranty to 10yr/240,000, from the 3yrs/60,000 original. I am glad they did this as I have to take mine in cause sometimes when I turn left, the right blinks until I wiggle the signal lever.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to replace the multifunction switch(signal/wiper switch).Very common on all Dodge trucks from 2003-2008.

monster sledder

Reaction score
thanks guys it was a pinched wire, i always tilt the wheel and you could see where it was pinched, hopefully it didnt mess up the switch now!

Top Bottom