Dodge is fixed!

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well ive been struggling with my 06 cummins for a while now with rough idling, hard starting and other issues, ive taken it into a couple of dealers just to have them tell me it runs and starts fine for a truck with 140k on it. :realmad::nono: well i finally took it to sherwood park dodge and dealt with Marvin in the service department and all i can say is wow they had it in and diagnosed in no time. As i thought ( and told the other dealers) the injectors were shot..
125 ML - max leak back allowed
600+ML - my truck

6 new injectors and connecting tubes later i have myself a truck that runs better than new and gets better fuel milage :d oh and did i mention STARTS! lol sorry for the long post but its getting hard these days to find a good dealer that takes care of their customers and actually honors their warranty.

I will definitely be buying a new truck there soon!

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear.... your truck is one of the best years', keep it and save the cash for goodies.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear.... your truck is one of the best years', keep it and save the cash for goodies.

I agree I will most likely keep this truck for quite some time...another month or so and she will be paid for:d

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's an 06 isn't it? Soon as any dealer hears hard starting, rough idle on a 06 should pretty much click injectors. 06's were so bad for them it's not even funny. Good to hear you got it fixed, my 04 has 135km on it and still runs like brand new, it's still new!

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's an 06 isn't it? Soon as any dealer hears hard starting, rough idle on a 06 should pretty much click injectors. 06's were so bad for them it's not even funny. Good to hear you got it fixed, my 04 has 135km on it and still runs like brand new, it's still new!

Yep shes an 06.. well i told 2 different dealers that i was 99.9% sure that it was the injectors... they just basically told me it started fine for 140km :d so two dealers later and $290 in diagnostic fees i took it to sherwood park.. and the rest is history

Hitchguy

Reaction score
should take the receipts back to the other dealers and tell them to reimburse you!!! along with your invoice from the warranty work and ask them about it!

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
600+ml ure lucky u still drove it arround

we had trucks in with 400 and wouldnt even run any longer

injectors are fun to change :) i like it
at least a waranty job u can make some time instead of loosing

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
600+ml ure lucky u still drove it arround

we had trucks in with 400 and wouldnt even run any longer

injectors are fun to change :) i like it
at least a waranty job u can make some time instead of loosing

Well it barely drove around.. it would only start if it was plugged in and in the garage.. if it was plugged in and outside it wouldn't start.. weird i know...

HITCHGUY, Ive thought about doing that too but, when they both came out and told me it ran great for a truck with the kms it has on it. Not to mention saying that it starts great and one dealer told me that the oil level was low, i became suspicious of them and paid up and got the heck out of there because i knew i slightly overfilled it (not much). I checked it when i got the truck back and it was slightly high lol. :confused:

Anyways i recommend going to Sherwood park dodge for any warranty work and sales, they seem very knowledgeable and really not pushy at all (which is rare) they let me go for a spin in a 2010 2500 and i must say I'm pretty impressed with how dodge is coming along with the trucks, especially the interior.

Oh well im just happy its fixed and back on the road for more sledding trips. :beer:

sleddinfamily

Reaction score
My 2006 cummins 119000km has had 2 injectors replaced only after codes flashed and truck goes into limp mode. My dealer tells me they can only replace the injectors as they fail, seems ridiculous if they are aware of the problem why not fix them all at once to prevent future break downs.

Was Sheerwood Dodge able to do all your injectors without any codes?

I may need to have truck assessed by them because it does not run well and seems to have rough idle.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
with 600ml flow i always put a sixpack in

would take hours to find which injectors are not good

getting kinda hard geting a six pack for warranty though

plus u barely get any kinda codes for injectors just if the electric side fails but mostly its the tip (mechanical) that starts pissing

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2006 cummins 119000km has had 2 injectors replaced only after codes flashed and truck goes into limp mode. My dealer tells me they can only replace the injectors as they fail, seems ridiculous if they are aware of the problem why not fix them all at once to prevent future break downs.

I may need to have truck assessed by them because it does not run well and seems to have rough idle.

sledding family,

if i can remember correctly The only code i had that was present was a 2509 code which was caused by a loose/ slightly corroded battery connection. My truck must not have a limp mode. I took it in to the dealer and told them to park it outside overnight and try starting it in the morning. it failed to start so They load tested the batteries, cp3, transfer pump and then finally did a leak down test and that's when they found my issue.. and they shampoo'd the engine bay to boot!:d

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
runs good for a truck with 140,000km? is that dead to them in their books? LOL

glad sherwood dodge worked. buying in the spring. and its close to my house

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
runs good for a truck with 140,000km? is that dead to them in their books? LOL

glad sherwood dodge worked. buying in the spring. and its close to my house[/QUOTE

yeah Funny thing was that the dealer that said that called a couple weeks ago, and tried a sales pitch saying that they had a buyer for my truck and that i should come trade it in on a 2010.:d:beer:

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the exact same issues on my 06 with 159k on it. It seamed I got bad fuel coming back from a sled trip. Dodge warrantied 3 or four of the injectors , I paid the diff. I also put in an additional fuel filter that filters better then the factory one. So far a year later and know issues. Fuel economy is like you said , better then when it was new . Thanks for the tip on S park dodge. I will check them out next time.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the exact same issues on my 06 with 159k on it. It seamed I got bad fuel coming back from a sled trip. Dodge warrantied 3 or four of the injectors , I paid the diff. I also put in an additional fuel filter that filters better then the factory one. So far a year later and know issues. Fuel economy is like you said , better then when it was new . Thanks for the tip on S park dodge. I will check them out next time.

No Problem!.. i recommend talking to Marvin in the service dept. i believe he is a member of this site actually..:d

Tyler.

Reaction score

My brother works at a heavy-duty shop, and when a guy comes in on warranty, they change them ALL. I don't see why they wouldn't? Their guys get paid, (write off all the time, even if they didn't take it all), keeps the shop busy, and the trucks owner happy. It's simply bad service not to. Why wouldnt the dealer go the extra mile for the customer when it doesn't even cost them anything to do?! Seems to me if I owned a shop I'd be a nice guy and hopefully they keep coming back for more business... but maybe that's just my rant?

Top Bottom