Dodge clutch

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HELP having trouble with my truck this am, seems i cant push the clutch down far enough for it to fire up , could something be froze up , or is this electrical, can it be ajusted under the dash / fire wall :confused: ???........... 2000 24 valve cummins

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
neutral safety switch,under the dash connected to the pedal,try putting a jumper wire in and see if that works.

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i disconnected the saftey switch and this did not work , had to pull start it again..... where would this jumper wire go ????

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i disconnected the saftey switch and this did not work , had to pull start it again..... where would this jumper wire go ????

should be 2 wires on the safty switch u disconnected, jump those 2 wires a x should fool it to thinking your clutch is made connection. disconecting just keeps telling the truck no limit made on the switch...make sense?

P.S dont jumper the switch side of the harness, jumper the harness bach to the coulume , truck side!

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks allot guys , it was not the neutral safety switch after all , but a small yellow wire that found its way behind the switch and wore itself through , and grounding out . found it with a small inspection mirror . don't know what it is for , but it seems every thing else works. so i cut the wire out and plugged it back in . crossed my fingers and shut the truck off after 2 days of running . the old fired right up :d good thing she gets close too 1000 kls per tank . THANKS AGAIN GUYS:beer::beer::beer:

stealth800

Reaction score
Be carefull with the yellow wires lots of times they are connected to the airbag systems at least in the vehicles that I've worked on.

Top Bottom