Do wraps help sled resale?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Never could figure out why anyone would throw dow 500 bucks for wrap . It really doesn’t give you more horsepower “just saying” lol

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wrapped a sled once, hated the all yellow look of the t3 if the original owner didn’t take the factory decals off it I would of left it alone. BUT I did sell that sled within 8 hours of posting it and got top dollar for it.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wrapped a sled once, hated the all yellow look of the t3 if the original owner didn’t take the factory decals off it I would of left it alone. BUT I did sell that sled within 8 hours of posting it and got top dollar for it.
And blind squirrels find a nut once in a while. Not the norm.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
received_622921865131993.jpg

Pull it or buck up the hundred bucks? I don't love it but don't hate it. Don't like the "look at me!" factor, and dont really want to spend any money. Not looking forward to peeling all these off though

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Post a pic of that one. I remember that being a sharp looking wrap

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never could figure out why anyone would throw dow 500 bucks for wrap . It really doesn’t give you more horsepower “just saying” lol

my guess would be the same reason dirtbikes have metal mulisha stickers lol
Although I must admiti I like wraps but dont want to shell out 500 either

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
my guess would be the same reason dirtbikes have metal mulisha stickers lol
Although I must admiti I like wraps but dont want to shell out 500 either

Agreed, some are pretty cool but I’m sticking with mine lol

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 222068

Pull it or buck up the hundred bucks? I don't love it but don't hate it. Don't like the "look at me!" factor, and dont really want to spend any money. Not looking forward to peeling all these off though
I would buck up. The other nice thing about having a brighter wrap is your riding partners can see you from a distance rather than just another plain black sled. We all switched to brighter onesies, not to be cool but so we can see each other better.

Greg5658

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn't there a "post your wrap" competition on here a while back? Looked to me like wraps were pretty popular.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would buck up. The other nice thing about having a brighter wrap is your riding partners can see you from a distance rather than just another plain black sled. We all switched to brighter onesies, not to be cool but so we can see each other better.

Damn I would never have any help diggin lol

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As mention by others...personalized for the owner. Resale, only if someone likes what you did.
I do vinyl graphics/signs [18 years]...not wraps.

I ride ATV's, four of us have the same machine ['13 Can-AM 650 XMR] they only came yellow and black.
So I "hydro dipped" my yellow plastics mosey oak camo...at the end of the day they all look the same, mud covered.
My $.02

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Finished the back read. As you all know, I jumped on the wrap band wagon. I don't think I was one of the "look at me" dudes but whatever people think is what people think and I don't/can't control that factor. Wraps, in my case, are a business venture and they have been an asset. To me wraps (not the multi-color mish-mash type of wrap) definitely help the resale value! Saying that, if the wrap is a good solid wrap (SCSunlimited out of Bozeman, MT have awesome quality wraps) the sled has been protected from all the branches and bark scratches and looks very clean when the wrap is pulled. To me it is no big deal, taking off the OEM stickers (before wraps got popular, didn't we use to take all the stickers off!!), cleaning, and reapplying a wrap and then taking it off and cleaning it again. Sure it costs some money but if the wife only thinks it cost $25 buck, no big deal. Guys spend money on after-market parts and "go fast stuff", other guys spend money on wraps, and there is a group of guys that spend money on both. To each their own, as said a few times throughout the thread.

I know for a fact that SCSunlimited makes a great wrap and replacement pieces are easy-peasy. Great people to deal with and a great selection of colours and styles. If one wants to be a little different, a wrap could be that ticket!. One thing that I learned with all the wraps I have purchased, those living close to the border can get a better deal. The shipping depots are handy and I only paid the taxes on one wrap. For some reason, I got lucky at about $60 in taxes/wrap.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finished the back read. As you all know, I jumped on the wrap band wagon. I don't think I was one of the "look at me" dudes but whatever people think is what people think and I don't/can't control that factor. Wraps, in my case, are a business venture and they have been an asset. To me wraps (not the multi-color mish-mash type of wrap) definitely help the resale value! Saying that, if the wrap is a good solid wrap (SCSunlimited out of Bozeman, MT have awesome quality wraps) the sled has been protected from all the branches and bark scratches and looks very clean when the wrap is pulled. To me it is no big deal, taking off the OEM stickers (before wraps got popular, didn't we use to take all the stickers off!!), cleaning, and reapplying a wrap and then taking it off and cleaning it again. Sure it costs some money but if the wife only thinks it cost $25 buck, no big deal. Guys spend money on after-market parts and "go fast stuff", other guys spend money on wraps, and there is a group of guys that spend money on both. To each their own, as said a few times throughout the thread.

I know for a fact that SCSunlimited makes a great wrap and replacement pieces are easy-peasy. Great people to deal with and a great selection of colours and styles. If one wants to be a little different, a wrap could be that ticket!. One thing that I learned with all the wraps I have purchased, those living close to the border can get a better deal. The shipping depots are handy and I only paid the taxes on one wrap. For some reason, I got lucky at about $60 in taxes/wrap.

I think its a good point that you cant lump all wraps together. Some are more subtle and classy looking. That sled I bought off of you had a beautiful wrap on it. Same with the one caper had on his sled. Also like the one niner posted, almost doesnt even look like a wrap. I wish this wrap was from SCS because the replacement pieces would be much more reasonable. I think $90 for one side panel is insane. The panel itself was only $200!

Its funny Doug......I was at the dealership getting recalls done on this sled and guess who the original owner was? So now Ive owned both of your 2017s!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I think its a good point that you cant lump all wraps together. Some are more subtle and classy looking. That sled I bought off of you had a beautiful wrap on it. Same with the one caper had on his sled. Also like the one niner posted, almost doesnt even look like a wrap. I wish this wrap was from SCS because the replacement pieces would be much more reasonable. I think $90 for one side panel is insane. The panel itself was only $200!

Its funny Doug......I was at the dealership getting recalls done on this sled and guess who the original owner was? So now Ive owned both of your 2017s!

That is funny Dean. Quite a coincidence eh!

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a toss up some look good, some are too much but to each their own, buddy of mine spent the $800 on a lime nine and it looks good but complains about stock doo shocks on the rough trail, I put my $800 towards suspension (or other ride improvement things)

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the only reason I see for a wrap is for business purposes or for advertising your sponsors if your a pro rider. Fernie and niner your wraps do look decent yep, some look ok to me but still a ridiculous price to pay for a look, I prefer the covered in snow look and full of scratches and bumps and bruises

Top Bottom