Do wraps help sled resale?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a sled with a pretty nice wrap on it. Im not a huge fan of them, but I know some people are. Took out a side panel on my last ride so now have to decide whether to pay $90 for new stickers for a side panel (which I think is ridiculous) or strip the rest of the wrap off. If I go that route is it a nightmare or not too bad?

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i did same thing, trashed a side panel so i replaced it and couldn't get ecd to match the wrap i needed so i peeled everything off. If i could have got my side panel sticker for 90 bones....i would of. stock sucks

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a sled with a pretty nice wrap on it. Im not a huge fan of them, but I know some people are. Took out a side panel on my last ride so now have to decide whether to pay $90 for new stickers for a side panel (which I think is ridiculous) or strip the rest of the wrap off. If I go that route is it a nightmare or not too bad?

Depends on the adhesive the company uses but generally its a nightmare lol. a litttle heat while pealing and you might get lucky, otherwise its a couple cans of break cleaner and lots of scrubbing. Sleds with Factory decals always hold value the best, unless its a fairly clean wrap your limiting your resale audience for sure.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wraps are only cool if you leave the parking lot at 8250rpm

That's the one thing I don't like about the wrap. There's a persona that I feel I have to live up to when I'm on the sled and it's getting exhausting. Thumb is getting a lot of wear and tear from the constant unnecessary throttle chopping too

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Wraps are an awesome way to keep your sled in “Like New” condition for resale (assuming you remove it).
They are typically made of aggressive adhesive because plastics are hard to adhere to.
Maxwell is correct...heat gun is imperative to removing with less adhesive left behind.

Wraps are normally a “LOOK AT ME” option very much related to the owners personality. So the value is only there if you buy that used sled and it makes you feel good.

17yrs in the graphic industry (not now) has shown me this.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure like the Factory replacement decals as an option to make your sled look a little different, yet not end up looking like a Rooster and Parrot combined in a blender...

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like 100% of the wraps 60% of the time.

Attachments

• 2E680D3F-648B-4E35-99F9-2C1C3A185753.jpeg
    2E680D3F-648B-4E35-99F9-2C1C3A185753.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 248
Top Bottom