Do snowmobile dollies work well?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those dollies would be fine for moving around a cement floor. I wouldn't store the sled with the track on that small a surface though

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Their garbage go to princess auto and buy a sled lift then the whole sled is off the ground and is easy to move around those cheap 3piece will drive you nuts skis fall off if you hit the smallest stone

There's a time and a place for each approach. I use a pneumatic sled lift and put sled dollies under it for moving it around the shop - clean floors are a must to avoid frustration.

Hirmkin

Reaction score
I mfg these dollies, I'll make them for any pitch track and powder coat them any colour.
If your interested pm me and I'll send you more info in them.

Attachments

• sled and dollies 1.jpg
    sled and dollies 1.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 238
  • dollies 1.jpg
    dollies 1.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 234
  • track dolly 1.jpg
    track dolly 1.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 230
  • ski dollies 1.jpg
    ski dollies 1.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 234

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use mover dollies from PA. Got them for sale pretty cheap (dont remember the number)

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The link didn't work for me but I have a 7x7 dolly for my track, I just screwed a piece of 2x4 up on edge to it. This way all the track lugs are just hanging and the 2x4 is sitting in between the lugs.

There's a time and a place for each approach. I use a pneumatic sled lift and put sled dollies under it for moving it around the shop - clean floors are a must to avoid frustration.

what these 2 guys said. 2x4 works great. Clean floors no matter what dolly you are using.

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ski dollies like this work the best. Can even ride across grass and gravel. There's a few different options out there at different price points.

Attachments

• skidolly.jpg
    skidolly.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 178

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ski dollies like this work the best. Can even ride across grass and gravel. There's a few different options out there at different price points.

Those are what works and take the least effort to use. The dolleys and anything from princess auto is junk.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep BRP sells those with the big wheels. Pricey but built to last.

Top Bottom