Do not follow tracks that you do not know where they go.

Yamadoo04

Reaction score
Website
www.yamadoosnowmobiles.com
So we went up Nobletts yesterday and found some fun areas to ride. (first video) but we kinda got in an area that we couldn't find our way through the trees to the next meadow so we decided to follow the 2 snow covered tracks down the canyon. So we got to a couple sketchy areas so I decided to hike down the canyon a ways to see if we can get out the bottom. When I got back to the sleds we decied to try to go back up and see if we can get out that way. (Second video) When that didn't work because we just could not go back up the canyon we decided to just bite the bullet and follow the tracks and see if we can make it down the canyon. I heard last week about 2 guys that had to hike out near the nobletts and I am pretty sure this is the route they were on. I kept expecting to find 2 sleds near the bottom right before a big cliff and we would have to walk out from there. I knew where I was the entire time because of the Ski Tracks APP I use so I knew the absolute worst case would be to hike down the canyon to the truck and get the sleds another day. So we headed down the canyon and had to cross the creek 3 times to get out. (Third and forth videos) Along with treeks stumps and rocks that we had to go over to get out. Only videoed about half of the trip down so I missed a few of the real sketchy parts.

Lesson in all this is do not follow tracks that you dont know where they go. I am all for exploring and such but sometimes the tracks dont lead you to a simple way out.

Oh yeah anybody have a used REV front bumper and a blue hood for sale ?

First Video Fun in the trees
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFfHIl8ePc4[/URL]
[YOUTUBE]OFfHIl8ePc4[/YOUTUBE]

Second video trying to go back up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgIGRG9KG9Y[/URL]
[YOUTUBE]jgIGRG9KG9Y[/YOUTUBE]

Third video heading down the canyon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEb3RbPzCI4[/URL]
[YOUTUBE]JEb3RbPzCI4[/YOUTUBE]

Forth Video get out the bottom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7xBUrdS3b0[/URL]
[YOUTUBE]-7xBUrdS3b0[/YOUTUBE]

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just because there's tracks doesn't mean there's a trail! Been saying that for years. Mostly after someone tries to follow one of my own dumb azz spur of the moment "let's see if we can go here" routes! :D

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like you guys found a few trees to make sweet love to near the end ;>

Yamadoo04

Reaction score
Website
www.yamadoosnowmobiles.com
Ya that sucks. If you had a few more guys do you think you could have got the sleds back up?

Well we could have gone back up near the top but once we got down a little ways there were a few spots that the logs and low snow conditions made it impossible to get back up. Too steep narrow trees and spinning out on the ground made it impossible to go up.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So they growing trees that much stronger or is the plastic/metal in sleds that much weaker :)

I'm waiting for someone to respond about riding you sled in the creek like when an atv does,.. lol.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant imagine the sigh of relief once you got out of that mess. Awesome footage and better yet.......great message! Glad you can look back and laugh and enjoy the vids.

Sent while not working too hard

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love these bushwhacking vids, thx

Somewhere there is two People with exactly the same bark scratches as yours. Makes you nervous as heck but got the old adrenaline pumping didn't it? I like adventures but maybe that turned into a bad dream. Good ya got out.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been in the same situation many times and it is THE BEST feeling ever once ya get out............Beers and smiles after!!

I was around 11 years old and riding my KX 80 in the Peace River hills, I went down a steep azz hill and realized once at the bottom that there was NO WAY of getting back up it.......took me a good few hrs to bushwhack my way outa that predicament! Lesson learned!

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
luck and stupid could have been worse had a friend fall of a waterfall doing the same thing got out but lucky

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love making tracks into sketchy areas and then leave.... 30 mins later I always find a bunch of guys stuck searching for some fresh. Way to funny.

Top Bottom