Dirt bike comparisons

calgaryyz250

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a website where you can compare different models?

I'm thinking of something like you could do on like fords website to compare trucks.

Not really looking for subjective comparisons, just the tech specs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is only a couple things you need. Like do you like white and blue or orange? They are basically the same bike. You need to know 2 or 4 stroke. endure or track. Simple lol.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huskvarna all day. Love mine and you won't find a bad review. So easy to work on. Valves adjust in 15 mins. Rear shock comes out without removing the swing arm. It's a great bike. I just bought my 2nd txc 450 last year and loving it.

calgaryyz250

Reaction score
We are currently running a YZF250 and a TTR125, contemplating a switch to a 200 XCW and 300 XCW. Rode the KTMs down in Vegas a few weeks ago. Wow. I've always been a Yammy guy, but I was impressed. Hell there's bikes out there I've never heard of till recently ... Gas Gas ... Beta .. etc.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cant go wrong with ktm or husaberg. Husky will be gone in 2015. The other high end models look good but I can't say I will buy another italian bike again.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are currently running a YZF250 and a TTR125, contemplating a switch to a 200 XCW and 300 XCW. Rode the KTMs down in Vegas a few weeks ago. Wow. I've always been a Yammy guy, but I was impressed. Hell there's bikes out there I've never heard of till recently ... Gas Gas ... Beta .. etc.

if your looking at ktm 2T go beta great bike n no re occuring problems with e starter

google 250rr and 300rr no 200's available... Beta has its orgins in trIals so the bike is better geared for enduro's not mx tracks but easy fix im sure... everything im hearing about this bike impresses me... having said that i read somewhere the ktm 300 2t may be the best 2t ever built???? Not sure but some people are saying that... if i could find a local dealer and could order a beta like they do in the states... build your own... i'd own one!

Last edited:

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on what type of riding. Dirt rider magazine has shootouts with similar types of bikes

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cant go wrong with ktm or husky. Husaberg will be gone in 2015. The other high end models look good but I can't say I will buy another italian bike again.

Fixed it for you. Loving my Husaberg!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A funny thing while shopping for parts the other day. The KTM following and parts are like Harley. From toasters to shoes. Found some KTM shoes at cycle works. I gotta say I was very tempted to buy them. According to the wife, when I told her about them later on in the day she said DC shoes are for douches. lol

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought the 2014 ktm 300xc-w six days,its got 24 hours on it now and its awsome,was alittle leary of the 2stroke but after some time on it I love it great at low speed single track but very fast on the top end,had it up to 126 kmh with some left to go,nice and light,balanced well and comfy riding,its got some bling to make it look different;only 60 in canada my dealer said so alittle rare,im hoping the two stroke will be alittle easier to wrench on althought i got the 5 year warranty so hopefully not much,I came off of a yz450f an the ktm fits my ridin style way better and alot funner to ride,just my opinion though

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome bike. And yes easy to work on. Go through all the bolts and make sure they are tight

Top Bottom