Different air box for 09 M1000

shedy

Reaction score
Looking differrent box. Worndering what working and what to stay from. Also is anyone running stright air ponds or if you need some sort of manifold to put them on. So far its a toss up between the bdx, speedwerks, and the timber sled set up.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well my buddy has that all screen airbox no good stay away from that and if u add more air u will have to run a boondockers box just a reminder:d:d

shedy

Reaction score
Not worried about a controll box. using a pure logic box for now.

Bummer

Reaction score
I run the Black Diamond Extreme on my 09 M1000 comes with hood vents nice kit work well. takes some time to install with drilling holes in the belly pan and putting screen kit on but it was worth it. Gets rid of all the plastic attched to the hood(4lbs)give or take!

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so if i put a larger intake on my 09 m8 i will need a control box is this right, my buddy did his and the dealer never said anything about a control box

Bummer

Reaction score
I would call Brent Linderman in the pass and ask him as he has more experience with the air box / control box then most! My understanding is Yes you need the control box with the air box.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey bummer i installed that same air box u have in my buddies 08 m1000 couldnt get it to run and he has a controlbox so how does yours run thanks colin:p

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and yes u need a control box any time u add more air or a pipe u need more fuel:d

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the D&D bulleyes installed on my air box. works very well, it use the stocks air box but adds lots of extra air flow. Check it out on Don's speed parts website, under the D&D catalogue. it was under $50.

Bummer

Reaction score
GOTBOOST
It runs great on the top end but loads up sometimes in the midrange. nothing you cant deal with but I dont want to make to big of a change just chnanging the box numbers alittle at a time to try and stay safe! I installed a race pak so I can see how much it is changing. I am sure I will get most if not all the bog out.

Top Bottom