Differences in riding style between ZX and XP

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tagged a rock under the snow this year myself with the ZX, except I'm running aluminum trailing arms and radius rods. Made 2 more rods in the shop and rebuilt the trailing arm, good to go. One thing about aluminum front end, never knocks out the anchor post! I've watched the boys I ride with tag trees, roll the XP's and they seem to hold up pretty good under that kind of abuse, LOL. Never hit a tree myself yet (this season) but there are a couple up on Alan Creek with my nametag on them...

Funny story, missed about 2 seasons of mountain riding (sucked...) a few years ago. The next sled I got on was a borrowed REV, a mod job that needed a bit more setup work. I wore myself out trying to climb that thing and gave up at lunch, thinking that I must have really fell out of riding shape. Almost thought of giving up, couldn't hold that thing on the hill for the life of me. That thing threw me down the hill more than once when I got into the steep rutted stuff. Then my brother took a break and let me tinker around on the ZX a bit - felt like a revelation! Everything came rushing back and I was banging serious hills again. Then I climbed back on the REV determined to rule that thing - did better but I realized I had to completely change my riding style to keep that thing in the hill. Since then I've run a Pro and a few different stock/mod XP's, still feel most comfortable on the ZX. I'm so old-school at times it's painful, I know... the boys bash me about it all the time! ;)

HaHa gonna have to change sooner or later. Parts are starting to be hard to get for the old ZX's now.

Top Bottom