Differences between '96 670 an '99 670 X

Toy4Fun

Reaction score
I was wondering if the main differences between the 1996 Summit 670 and a 1999 Summit X 670 are the cylinder porting and heads? I own a '96 and was given a 1999 with low compression that I'm thinking about rebuilding. I'm wondering if it would be worth putting the head/cylinders and possibly magneto/flywheel on my lower end to gain the hp or just swap motors? Is it a noticeable upgrade?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if the main differences between the 1996 Summit 670 and a 1999 Summit X 670 are the cylinder porting and heads? I own a '96 and was given a 1999 with low compression that I'm thinking about rebuilding. I'm wondering if it would be worth putting the head/cylinders and possibly magneto/flywheel on my lower end to gain the hp or just swap motors? Is it a noticeable upgrade?

swap motors. the x model had waayyy more jam than a nonx. to make a nonx meet the x power/torque it needed alot of work done to it. the entire engine is different on these sleds cant even use pistons back and forth.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
you were GIVEN a 99x ?????????

Nice.... Rebuild the X... cost me about $700 to do mine last year ...

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i was wondering if the main differences between the 1996 summit 670 and a 1999 summit x 670 are the cylinder porting and heads? I own a '96 and was given a 1999 with low compression that i'm thinking about rebuilding. I'm wondering if it would be worth putting the head/cylinders and possibly magneto/flywheel on my lower end to gain the hp or just swap motors? Is it a noticeable upgrade?

you'll need a different pipe and can, manifold, intake box(or just use air filter pods), and i believe the motor mount.....good luck.

Toy4Fun

Reaction score
Fortunately I got an almost complete Summit x, the tunnel was thrashed and the track and skid were used for another project so I have the exhaust and can, carbs, intake etc.

Top Bottom