diff lock not working

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bent or damaged shift fork pull and split front diff (not scary) If you take it to yamaha its going to be pricey but aslong as the splines are not buggered on the collar assemblies you will be able to fix it
if you decide to tear it apart pm me and i can help walk you through making it better than stock for $50 ish rather than having to buy a complete case half because the pin the shift collar slides on is peened in the case yamaha will only sell u the case half
had this issue on my grizz and rhino

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I realy can't believe Yamaha doesn't sell individual parts for the diffs like all the others.

1200 for one case 1/2 to get the fork ect is b.s.

sent from my I phone kicking azz HTC

DTH

Reaction score
If the problem is the lever on the switch just take apart and clean.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Gotta lock the diff before you get stuck. The tires need to make a couple revolutions otherwise **** will break or the fork will get bent
I have 3,500 k on my grizzly and it's fine.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesnt matter the make or model they all have thier problems its just a matter of figureing them out
the key to these is allowing yourself ample time to lock in both the grizz and the rhino were definatly my fault however reinforced and gusseted shift fork and have many miles on since
the reason they dont sell shiftfork is that the shaft that it slides on is peened into the case... Nothing a drill and centerpunch cant fix

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The switch on my 07 grizz wouldn't move either some gentle disassembly and a stern cleaning and now it slides back and forth like new just a build up of schmag i guess

Top Bottom