Diesel Truck Engines, all makes

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah have the same edge with attitude as summitric it runs:dfor 2 minutes for it shuts off my bd turbo is thanking me haaaa

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great thread gents, always wondered how many folks was not aware of the cool down of diesel engine, you guys are on the ball.... wonder how many are not??:confused:

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys talk about letting turbo's cool down time. Makes my flash back and laugh to when I took my brake course in RD, the instructor had never heard of glow plugs then gave me sh!t for talking too long shutting off the truck?????? We did our air ramp up time test on thier trucks...started, stoped,started no turbo cool off or anything for that matter. I pitty the person that buy's those trucks!

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
yeah have the same edge with attitude as summitric it runs:dfor 2 minutes for it shuts off my bd turbo is thanking me haaaa

I'm looking into purchacing an Edge...sooooooo many on the market...your thoughts (not trying to hijack this thread but I think I have the right guys talking on it!!!), I've an 07 LBZ.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
They seem to be on sale!!!

20102 Chevy / GMC Edge Juice with Attitude - 2006-2007 Duramax 6.6L LLY / LBZ - 10% OFF Sale Price at Check Out !

$868.50 Reg.
$772.00 SALE
FREE ! - NEXT DAY SHIPPING / OVERNIGHT ! KEY FEATURES:
• 6 on-the-fly Adjustable Power Levels
• Touch-of-a-Button Control
• Additional 100 HP and 200 ft lb Torque*
• Increases Fuel Economy**
• Includes Turbo Timer

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one thing i have not figured out with the new trucks they have the technology to build it into the computer why not do it other than emissions for an excuse

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If youre just driving around normally and not boosting hard then its fine to shut down, but youre boosting hard or for long periods ( racing, towing etc) then you should drive around for a bit at normal rpms out of boost to cool things down. I run an Audi with upgraded turbo and all the go fast bits and it helps to have a boost guage, if I'm running it hard I just idle or drive for a bit out of boost and shut down.

Top Bottom