Diesel Prices

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I was suprised at the pumps today, I went to Hughtes and put $20 in the tank it was 113.9 L :eek: then I filled it up at Flying J in Sherwood Park and that was $1.05 L, 2 weeks ago it was .91 per./L . Gas is much cheaper now and how can it jump so high when gas is around the same price. It was only at $94 barrel today and last week it was at $99.00 barrel. How do these truckers make it with these crazy prices?

Last edited:

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Co op was 1.01, plus if your a member you get about 8 cents off a litre at the end of the year. It's still high though. I wonder what the UFA is selling for.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Co op was 1.01, plus if your a member you get about 8 cents off a litre at the end of the year. It's still high though. I wonder what the UFA is selling for.

where are these co-op locations? Im a member from back in the days of living in a small town

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Expect to see higher diesel prices for a while as the refiners take longer to produce the new ultra low sulfer diesel and there is a shortage of it, also this is the time of year when the big push starts hauling fuel north to mines and other places that store it over the summer. Supply and demand!! Shop around

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I don`t understand is that Gasoline is refined from cruded oil and diesel suppose to be the left over product from the refining. So how can waste cost more than the finished product.

albertagal500

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I can say is i am glad I am not drive the my truck right now. The car is great on fuel and with gas lower then diesel it is a win win for me.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
How do these truckers make it with these crazy prices?

Buy passing it off to the customer through "fuel surcharges" who it turns passes it off to their customers. We buy over a million liters yes a million per month so any price increase can can be 10's of thousands of dollars to us

And get ready it getting worse because of Shell scotfords little fire the Road King has been outta fuel since Friday, but they were changing to Esso at the end of the month anyway and the flying J is backed up about an hour a day just to get fuel and they are struggling to keep up with demand and asking big customers if they can find "alternate" Shell site to fuel at, so prepare for a fuel increase if Shell doesn't get started up soon

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Ouch, guess I'll fuel up today just in case.
Buy passing it off to the customer through "fuel surcharges" who it turns passes it off to their customers. We buy over a million liters yes a million per month so any price increase can can be 10's of thousands of dollars to us

And get ready it getting worse because of Shell scotfords little fire the Road King has been outta fuel since Friday, but they were changing to Esso at the end of the month anyway and the flying J is backed up about an hour a day just to get fuel and they are struggling to keep up with demand and asking big customers if they can find "alternate" Shell site to fuel at, so prepare for a fuel increase if Shell doesn't get started up soon

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Eariler this week in Edson only the Petro Pass had diesel. Everyone one else was empty or near empty. Line up at Petro Pass was long this afternoon so I assume the situation has not changed.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
On the radio this morning they said that many Flying J's are out of Diesel. I filled up at the "J" in Sherwood Park at 10am and they still had fuel and it was priced at $1.05 L.
According to the radio we could see a jump of 20 cents in diesel prices. They are saying the Shell Scottford fire is having an effect, I find that hard to believe.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the flying J in the west end is out of fuel but the bulk stations are still running.

So one plant in all of North America has a small fire and it effects the price of fuel everywhere or just in Edmonton. Sounds to me like it is just an excuse to jack up the prices to make another 50 billion.

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the flying J in the west end is out of fuel but the bulk stations are still running.

So one plant in all of North America has a small fire and it effects the price of fuel everywhere or just in Edmonton. Sounds to me like it is just an excuse to jack up the prices to make another 50 billion.

I think they are just making sure they got their royalties back. :rant:

Top Bottom