Diesel heater

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With this -30 temp my heater takes over a 1 1/2 hrs before it starts to go to low flame on a cat 3406, but still too cold out to move any of my iron.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All of our stuff is out working, no time too try things.

Gen-sets were tested this fall, I'm packing mine in back seat a while ago, but the last few days it's been running keeping the 2amp charger going on battery at night along with Oil heater in cab,,, block heater at night only.

This weekend the gen-set will power up my laptop TV in the mountains and boil water for lots of coffee, Ha.

I'm using the 1000 watt'er unit as its lots for my little run-about truck. Family is using the 2000 Watt'ers at the farm "if needed."

Multi handy at many tasks and toasty warm, quiet, and frugal on fuel.

Gotta love the Onda's. LOL

Lem.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With this -30 temp my heater takes over a 1 1/2 hrs before it starts to go to low flame on a cat 3406, but still too cold out to move any of my iron.

Why not use the equipment when it's cold? Let it warm up good and should be fine?

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not use the equipment when it's cold? Let it warm up good and should be fine?

Well all my iron is paid for so I guess im a bit spoiled and what I dont get done in the winter there is always next summer, acreage development is slow this time of the year as is septic work but i have my electrical side for winter.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

-30 is a benchmark for allot of people, depends on what you do, but heavy equipment after minus 30 tend to develop cracking and fatigue problems. Steel looses its ability to flex as it gets colder, you work to hard when its cold and you pretty much always pay for it later on.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a few semis around the farm. 3 have webasto heaters and 1 pro heat. Something about -20 and when you start it, it acts like it's 10above and 100*+ coolant temp. Worth the pennies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a few semis around the farm. 3 have webasto heaters and 1 pro heat. Something about -20 and when you start it, it acts like it's 10above and 100*+ coolant temp. Worth the pennies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup, try getting that when you plug in. Even better that you can simply turn the key off where ever you want at night, no need to get close to electricity.

Top Bottom