Diesel Fuel Prices, UFA Rip Off!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UFA is garbage, I just had it out with them and closed my account. They are slow to drop the price and quick to raise when I was watching it constantly paying 10-20 cents more then a regular pump price. I don't buy an insane amount of diesel, around 15,000L a year but I told them I expect my pricing to be at least a good as a regular pump price elsewhere at all times, they told me nothing they can do. Also I got my daily pricing around 9-10 am and if I filled up in the morning it would be before that, according to them it's ok to charge the daily rate even when you haven't received it yet, and it's "not their issue" when I receive the daily pricing. UFA can kiss my a$$. My brother had similar issues and left them last year when getting bulk fills, the last straw was getting screwed for around 20 cents a litre on a 4000L fill and they refused to do anything, coop has been a million times better to deal with.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UFA is garbage, I just had it out with them and closed my account. They are slow to drop the price and quick to raise when I was watching it constantly paying 10-20 cents more then a regular pump price. I don't buy an insane amount of diesel, around 15,000L a year but I told them I expect my pricing to be at least a good as a regular pump price elsewhere at all times, they told me nothing they can do. Also I got my daily pricing around 9-10 am and if I filled up in the morning it would be before that, according to them it's ok to charge the daily rate even when you haven't received it yet, and it's "not their issue" when I receive the daily pricing. UFA can kiss my a$$. My brother had similar issues and left them last year when getting bulk fills, the last straw was getting screwed for around 20 cents a litre on a 4000L fill and they refused to do anything, coop has been a million times better to deal with.

Do you know if you were getting regular diesel or the dieselex gold? I think there is a 20 cent difference per litre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The requirement is related to road use. The govt term is “unlicensed” ….

Anyone can apply, as long as you have a legitimate use for it.

View attachment 262025
I was reading through this and noticed you need a digital ID to register. I bet that'll ruffle some feathers around here 😁
Screenshot_20221114_065021.jpg

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bet you can’t wait for your tractors and combines to go Electric.

Not really much point getting an electric combine. It's parked for 49 weeks of the year. Probably some kind of drone solution coming to farming that is micro sized but in quantity.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not really much point getting an electric combine. It's parked for 49 weeks of the year. Probably some kind of drone solution coming to farming that is micro sized but in quantity.
The spray plane industry guys are probably a little nervous….

Can you imagine how quick 160 drones each carrying 5gals of water could spray a 1/4 section.

Quick fill and quick charger station at the farm base…
Like a hive of bees the work would be done before most guys get out of bed.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t laugh too hard about that…
The rechargeable autonomous farm is on the horizon…

With solar charging stations on every quarter lmao!

There is a electric skid steer with 4 hrs of working time. Farmers will have to have double the equipment

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you know if you were getting regular diesel or the dieselex gold? I think there is a 20 cent difference per litre.

Regular diesel, don't see the point in paying more for some gimmick BS with additives.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regular diesel, don't see the point in paying more for some gimmick BS with additives.
so why didn't you just get the daily retail sent to you every day, then monitor your fuel purchases? UFA fuel changes every day, I monitor the daily price, as well as gas buddy , easy to monitor fuel cost. it's your money, your choice. but i'm thinking you are a bit irrational/emotional, over nothing at all!

Red Deer
Diesel at ufa ......................$1.88 Gst not included, with $1.98
cheapest at service stn $1.89 price includes GST
400lt slip tank saves me $36 a full fill to go elsewhere, need to factor in time, miles to ufa also.
see how you figure out price, takes less than 2minutes, you then can make your choice where you want to fill up? UFA is not your problem, i'm afraid you are! ufa will lower price as there fuel sales drop! the rest you will have to figure out?

Last edited:

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It’s around 4 cents difference on my online pricing

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have no real life experience with Diesel Gold, although i have heard it gives some power and mileage improvement no idea true or not

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it does my wife has a 2011 Ml350 that we removed a couple of exhaust components on.. its night and day when using a quality additive vs cheapo diesel straight out the of the nozzle. I find similar positive results with diesel gold. Your results may vary.
With DPF's now a days most won't notice because the filter will pick up the crappy burn and will just result in average to low mileage.
The difference is pretty drastic in her car with different fuels sometimes it stinky within minutes after fueling and other times can't even smell it when there is a good additive in there.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it does my wife has a 2011 Ml350 that we removed a couple of exhaust components on.. its night and day when using a quality additive vs cheapo diesel straight out the of the nozzle. I find similar positive results with diesel gold. Your results may vary.
With DPF's now a days most won't notice because the filter will pick up the crappy burn and will just result in average to low mileage.
The difference is pretty drastic in her car with different fuels sometimes it stinky within minutes after fueling and other times can't even smell it when there is a good additive in there.
I don't know much at all about the UFA Dieselex Gold, but adding to your post, I used to run the Husky Diesel Max as I had read it had the highest lubricity of all the pump diesels. Would see an improvement in mileage every time, even towing. Now I just buy what's cheap...lol, but still watch for a good price on the Diesel Max.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I started adding my own additive. Howes Max something. Truck seems to constantly want to regen every couple hundred kms.

Time for a delete

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I started adding my own additive. Howes Max something. Truck seems to constantly want to regen every couple hundred kms.

Time for a delete
Not sure where you are at in warranty etc..
A cleaning might help. Just an option.
There are multiple companies that specialize in DPF cleaning, Ive never tried it before. Maybe someone here has?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so why didn't you just get the daily retail sent to you every day, then monitor your fuel purchases? UFA fuel changes every day, I monitor the daily price, as well as gas buddy , easy to monitor fuel cost. it's your money, your choice. but i'm thinking you are a bit irrational/emotional, over nothing at all!

Red Deer
Diesel at ufa ......................$1.88 Gst not included, with $1.98
cheapest at service stn $1.89 price includes GST
400lt slip tank saves me $36 a full fill to go elsewhere, need to factor in time, miles to ufa also.
see how you figure out price, takes less than 2minutes, you then can make your choice where you want to fill up? UFA is not your problem, i'm afraid you are! ufa will lower price as there fuel sales drop! the rest you will have to figure out?

I do. The issue is I was sent the daily email AFTER I fueled up that day and it jumped like 20 cents, before the jump the price was the same as other stations as I do check gasbuddy regularly to compare to UFA pricing.

Top Bottom