Diesel condiitioner and anti-gel

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents but kleen flo has way to much alcohol in it, that cannot be a good lubricant. Howes, just because it gels in the bottle does not mean that it will gel in your tank.. it is concentrated and meant to be added to how much diesel per bottle? Lots...

I am an additive kind of guy but with this new ULSD diesel I just cannot find anything that improves what comes out of the pumps. Speculation is that is ultra dry low lubricity etc. Does anybody have any evidence to the contrary that what you get is not sufficient combustion or lubrication wise? I'm all for proactive maintenance but there comes a time when we are just throwing money away.

I'm in the ag business and where we see the most problems is in combines. They run at constant RPM and you'll really notice it when down on power. I get guys that insist they need fuel filters and as much as I hate turning away money, all they really need is a lubricity additive. The Bosch injection pumps on Cummins / CDC 8.3L engines are notorious for the governor rack sticking. What I do with these guys is GIVE them a liter of additive. My biggest seller is the BIO342 Canola based, which is made in Beechy, SK. I also sell Milligan Bio-Tec, FPPF and Power Service products. I tell the customer if a liter of additive doesn't make a difference in a half hour, call me and I won't charge you. Almost everyone comes back in and buys a 4L or 10L jug.

I'm absolutely sold on lubricity additives. I run the BIO342 in my bus fleet and in my Duramax as well. There's plenty of good additives out there, so pick your poison.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another thing to add as far as losing lubricity in diesel, we had a couple coaches with 8V71 Detroits in them and we never had an injector issue until after the switch to ULSD. Had issues in 2 different engines within a month. I don't think that's a coincidence.

eastwood22

Reaction score
I have a 02 Cummins and I always run Delphi and amsoil cold flow. Never had any problem. Plus knowing my injection pump isn't very good it helps to keep it alive in my mind...

Top Bottom