Diesel command starts

jazzman

Reaction score
How many of you guys run a command start on your diesel and what is a good unit? I had a viper in my 2010 dodge and the bypass module ch!t the bed and dodge wants 650$ bucks to change a 100$ bypass! I figured I might as well put a new one in and I don't think it will be a viper! :rant:

armymags1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a viper in my diesel truck too I needed a new key fob and I heard the place to go is autotemp air and sound in Edmonton for 60 bucks I had a new fob and they programed it for my truck and was on my way don't know if Edmonton will be possible for you but you can always give them a call at (780)465-7917 and see what they have to say

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't have one on my diesels but I have always had good luck with compustar and their sister nustart.

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NEVER EVER go to autotemp air and sound. They have the worst service I have ever had in my life. They put a compustar in my 05 F350, it worked fine for about a month then it would start the truck but not let it run for more then about a minute. I took the truck back to them and they would fix it and it would work fine for about a month or so then the same thing would happen. So the sixth time I took the truck in and delt with the manager who I delt with everytime I asked him to take the unit out and refund my money cause this was not worth the $1100 dollars i spend. Abviously he refused and tried to get me to give it another chance but i also refused. Then he tried to tell me that I never had brought my truck back to get thing re tuned because there is no record on file in the computer. Thats funny because he reconized me the last 3 times i walked through the door to get it fixed. I ended up phoning the head office and trying to deal with them but since nothing was entered into the computer there was no record of me going there. Cause he didn't enter anything into the computer thats not my fault its his. Anyways NEVER go to autotemp ever. That was my experience with them

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had good luck with adrenaline audio in edmonton, i have a compustar and the drone module which allows me to start/unlock my truck with my cell phone. it also has a gps tracker so you can see where your truck is with the cell phone or computer at anytime

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had good luck with adrenaline audio in edmonton, i have a compustar and the drone module which allows me to start/unlock my truck with my cell phone. it also has a gps tracker so you can see where your truck is with the cell phone or computer at anytime[/

THERE A BUNCH OF ASS CLOWNS THEY PUT A NAV UNIT IN MY NEW SUERDUTY AND FRIGGED IT UP BAD NEVER AGAIN

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many of you guys run a command start on your diesel and what is a good unit? I had a viper in my 2010 dodge and the bypass module ch!t the bed and dodge wants 650$ bucks to change a 100$ bypass! I figured I might as well put a new one in and I don't think it will be a viper! :rant:

I have had my pats bypass module replaced on warranty 3 times, now that the truck is past 60,000 no warranty i went into audio concepts and explained that the factory pats is no good they won't put an aftermarket command start in until factory pats is fixed

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

maybe i'm missing something, but why don't you just get the stock system? its about 600 installed and you get 2 more keys, and no extra fob to carry around. jmo:beer:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe i'm missing something, but why don't you just get the stock system? its about 600 installed and you get 2 more keys, and no extra fob to carry around. jmo:beer:
i am unaware of any manufacturer that makes a factory remote starter. dodge and ford in spruce grove both use FX audio to do their installs.
went to school with the guy that owns fx,in spruce grove and edmonton. both are good place to go with any auto,security,audio, starters etc.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had good luck with adrenaline audio in edmonton, i have a compustar and the drone module which allows me to start/unlock my truck with my cell phone. it also has a gps tracker so you can see where your truck is with the cell phone or computer at anytime[/

THERE A BUNCH OF ASS CLOWNS THEY PUT A NAV UNIT IN MY NEW SUERDUTY AND FRIGGED IT UP BAD NEVER AGAIN

they also put a kenwood nav system/deck in my truck and it stopped working once, i took it in and turns out it was the stock bose module in the truck. they replaced it for cost of the module ($40 i think) only and they did the labor for free. your the first person that i have heard of getting bad service from them

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am unaware of any manufacturer that makes a factory remote starter. dodge and ford in spruce grove both use FX audio to do their installs.
went to school with the guy that owns fx,in spruce grove and edmonton. both are good place to go with any auto,security,audio, starters etc.

My 2011 Ram 3500 Laramie with the Cummins has the factory remote start with the comfort system. It checks the cab temp on start up. If it's cold, it turns on the heat, as well as the heated seats and steering wheel. If it's hot, it turns on the a/c and cooled seats. Love it !!

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive always used certified radio on whyte ave never had a problem with anything going bad or messing with my trucks. i have the titan with gps/Iphone start its awesome
ford and dodge both have factory systems, not sure about the dodge but the starter in my gf's 11 F-150 has about 100 foot range if you can see the truck and 50 feet if you cant really usless

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have a smart phone I would get the GPS one, it all works through your phone no distance limitations. I know one guy who has it and he says its awesome. I seen it at the boat show this year and it looks sweet and is only $550 installed but there is a monthly/yearly fee for the satellite.

jazzman

Reaction score
Thanks High Velocity I have all those options as well. They told me those sytems were garbage when I bought my truck! I will have to look into it .:confused:
Apperently there is no warrenty on it and it was installed by the dodge dealer! We are a little over a year old.

Last edited:

sicamoose

Reaction score
I have had Viper two ways in the past and have had no issues (with a 2006 diesel). I now have a Clifford two way starter/alarm in my 08 f350 (still Viper) and really enjoy it:

Clifford have the extra add on where I can roll up and down my windows which is nice. another handy feature is no throw away battery - charges with in wall charger (same as most cell phones).

evan3000

Reaction score
Nothing beats factory!!! Period. I am so sick of aftermarket junk across the board high end low end mid range its all junk!!! it doesn't matter what shop you use. there maybe a few who have had zero problems but for what you pay the failure rate should be zero. I'm not bashing any shops, its not there fault, its all these electronic companies sending there stuff off shore to get built. If I cant get it Factory its not worth my money or hassle!!! just my 2 cents

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Ford factory remote starter doesnt work.

Mine crapped too, alarm started going off randomly had to unplug. Last straw was when I was parked at my daughters rodeo and the alarm starts going crazy in front of about 50 horses confined in a small space mixed with kids. ( I got some nasty looks)

Top Bottom