Diesel command starts

Buster

Reaction score
Ford factory starter works but good up to 100' and used certified radio on whyte ave for wife's car.
I expected big things from there product and was disappointed with 2x the price and skechy service.

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am unaware of any manufacturer that makes a factory remote starter. dodge and ford in spruce grove both use FX audio to do their installs.
went to school with the guy that owns fx,in spruce grove and edmonton. both are good place to go with any auto,security,audio, starters etc.

not to be a jerk or anything, but this is the factory system...:d i want to get rid of the honking, should look into that

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A fellow Firefighter has a small business that he runs installing Car Starters, Stereos, Dvd players etc... He has been in the business for over 20 years and does extremely nice work. I have recommened tons of people to him and have never had an unhappy customer! He installed a Ultra Strart 2-way on 2001 F-350 Diesel with the security system and it works flawless. 1-Way starters for $360 and 2-ways at $500. Give Troy a call 780-918-0427, he has a lifetime guarantee on his work and is super knowledgeable. Tell him Ron sent you :beer:

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
have had a ultrastart in my dmax since 05.... sure if dont start the furthest and all the ink is wore off the buttons but it still works

wish i had a new truck with the iphone app with you can start from anywhere with service

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put a titan 2way with security system in my 09dmax from certified radio on whyte and no issues. I didnt keep the factory bc if the truck wasnt in my driveway, it wasnt going to start, real pita. I love the system and next time i make it to the city im going to pick up the phone module so that i can also control the truck from my new iphone! All these dealers do for diesels is activate the delayed start (glo plugs etc), mine has a 15s delay between signal receive and engine start.

My bf has an 97 F350 diesel with remote starter and the guy who did his (local) was able to wire the start/delay signal to his glo-plug signal/indicator. So if the truck needs a bit longer the starter wont try to start before its ready. Works really well actually.

Top Bottom