Diamond S hood,Need to rig a headlight!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anybody have any ideas on a headlight that can be mounted off the steering post or anywhere but the hood,Dosnt have to be the best,just to get me off the mountain on those late night!Need a good idea!
catmando!

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a few differant helmet lamps available also... velcro or strap to the top of your helmet.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive never needed a headlight for mountain riding until ONE time last season my friend decided to write off his sled on the way off the mountain and we spent most of the night getting it off the hill. then i regretteed not having one haha

Reaction score
Mounted mine off the tach... Wired it off the high beam switch.

Attachments

• 000_0634.jpg
    000_0634.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 362
  • 000_0636.jpg
    000_0636.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 359

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mounted mine off the tach... Wired it off the high beam switch.

same as on my sled!! only u were smarter then the guy that owned my sled before i bought it!!
But i would Not ride without a light! Trust me!! Last year we were riding in golden and a few crazy fu$$er$ figured it would be a good idea to fly through the trees...... side hill around a water fall and drop into a small bole in the back!

Up went good but................ on the way back down a guy with a stock apex 162'' track hit a 29 inch tree!! ............... ok great! so me, dad, and 3 other guys go back to the bottom and turn around and fly back to the top, turned around and came part way back down where there was a small flat spot! Ok so now by this time there's a trench up the hill 3 feet deep and it starting to get dark! Ok lets look at are problem!!!!:rolleyes: ok well how about.................??? No that wont work! If we pull the back end to the right then its not going to be good(trees trees and some more trees) But if we pull it to the left where going to have the ass end down hill! Ok well i never ride without about 80 feet of rope...... so we tied it to his back bumper and tied the other end to a tree up hill!! ok now just a little rock and roll work and we should be good!!:d:d Stop drinking beer and help us!! :mad::mad: Ok so we pulled the back end down hill so that the frond end was facing up hill Brake!!!!!!!!!! Hold the god Dam brake!!!!!!!!!!!
She flipped two times and came to a stop on the hood!:eek: woo! this doesn't look good!!!! ok so finally we got her back on the track and rolled it to the bottom! Well he was only short one hood a wind shield and a front bumper!:d Ok now its dark!! :eek: 1 hour ride back to the trucks.. most of us had lights but there was one guy who was riding an old 670 mod that was suck a piece of junk that we would have happily left it in the hills!:d
Woo Hoo this is going to be fun!! To junk sleds in the dark! LOL
I must say it was a slow ride home!! What would have taken 1 hour took 2!:d

So long and short of it, head lights are a must!!!!!!!!!!!

Justin

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks,that is what I had in mind but I was hoping to see some pics and get some tips,Damn I like this site.When I have it done I will post some pic.
catmando!

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive seen some mounted just above and behind the bumper,guy i know just used 2 fog lights from canadian tire had awesome lighting to.

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oilpatch Boys-4! Is that a Diamond S hood on your summit??:d
Going to built a mesh hood for my 97 summit and just wanted to ask you about the mesh!! I have an old trampoline that has a big hole in it (a fat a$$ed friend fell through it LOL:d) would that work for the mesh?? Dad said its fine enough that powder snow wont go through it! (but just wanted to know what you guys think):d:d

Later

Justin

Reaction score
Oilpatch Boys-4! Is that a Diamond S hood on your summit??:d
Going to built a mesh hood for my 97 summit and just wanted to ask you about the mesh!! I have an old trampoline that has a big hole in it (a fat a$$ed friend fell through it LOL:d) would that work for the mesh?? Dad said its fine enough that powder snow wont go through it! (but just wanted to know what you guys think):d:d

Later

Justin

It is , and the fabric your talkin about will work but it's a bit stiff and tough to work with (wrapping around corners an stuff) it will work tho..

Putting the lights in the front bumper area work nice too , but the mounts get put to the test when your mowing over saplings (it happens).

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is , and the fabric your talkin about will work but it's a bit stiff and tough to work with (wrapping around corners an stuff) it will work tho..

Putting the lights in the front bumper area work nice too , but the mounts get put to the test when your mowing over saplings (it happens).

KK What would u use??

LOL i know!! Them dam saplings always jump right in front of you!!:rant::rant::d

tg:cool:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Not sure what you are running for a sled but picked up some information the other day that the 08 and older M sleds need to drop the 110 watt load from the loss of the headlight either through replacement lighting or a resistor. Look for a new product line in the next little while on our website that will support your lighting needs.

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't go cheap on the light. The poorer quality ones tend to crack or burn out once the powder hits the hot lenst. I use the light that stick to your helmet and plugs in to a socket of your choice. Everyone used to tease me about it until we blew a chain case and had to change it out in the dark. Used it as a trouble light that you didn't have to hold. It worked great. They also have built in break lights.

mukmuk

Reaction score
I looking at removing the headlights on my 06 crossfire 700. I have read a couple places that i need to put resistors on the sled or put different light to take the load? Can someone help me out with this?

Top Bottom