diamond drive opinions

scrapmaster

Reaction score
hey all, recently pulled my diamond drive apart to check the bearings and found a bunch metal, found that my planet set had some broken teeth on the 5small inner gears also all the thrust bearings were piled up, i couldnt find any other damaged parts and can probly fix it with about 500 worth of parts from bdx but am worried that it will happen again, does anyone know what would of caused this? my other options to spend about 800 on a bdx diamont lite and lose reverse but shed a lot of weight at the same time.. thoughts or opinions anyone?? thx

bluegrizz77

Reaction score
How was the inner bearing? did it fail? My 09 m8 was OK but my brothers 10 M8 bearing had failed. The cage inside the bearing came apart, and went thru the gears. No broken teeth but it looks like some of the gears are either loosing the surface hardening or they never had it fron the gear maker. This is one possibility..

WATDAFOOK

Reaction score
This happens when you r jumping and landing with the throttle pulled....remember when we used to break a chain!!! Same thing,but over time the gears just give up from the force!

scrapmaster

Reaction score
yah all the ball bearings were getting on the ruff side the thrust bearings were completly shot needles layin in the bottom of the case lol.. good to know about the landing thing gotta try keepin that in mind altho i dont do much jumpin but i do like the drops :d think im leaning towards the diamond lite il miss reverse but the way i bag this thing il probly wreck the stock one again

Slammer85

Reaction score
If it's still the stock diamond drive from factory they're made in china and are junk! Mine blew up twice in one season so I got pissed off and ditched warranty and went with the bdx stuff and have not had a problem since!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah...what he said. Even just replacing with the BDX gears and better bearings is a huge improvement.

scrapmaster

Reaction score
yah still the stock one never noticed anything when riding it which says alot considerin the pile of metal i pulled out... gunna go with the bdx unit just looking around at pricing right now, anybody been playin around with gear ratios on the 8s or just 1000s?

Top Bottom