Diablosport or Bullydog Triple Dog Programmer??

firecatab

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a chance to try a Diablosport Predator or a Bullydog programmer on my 08 6.4 anyone have thoughts on which one would be the better of the the 2 or has anyone used either of them?

Rob

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i have a chance to try a diablosport predator or a bullydog programmer on my 08 6.4 anyone have thoughts on which one would be the better of the the 2 or has anyone used either of them?

Rob

seen reports on both........personally the predator would get my nod, but we've sold the bullys too, and have had good response from them as well. Your choice

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to own a performance store and specialized in diesel performance my way of going would be the predator I have had many bullydogs come back to me when i had the store now my titan bullydog chip is really acting up. I ran the duramax with a predator then a ppe programmer and ya go predator over bullydog

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got the Predator on my 05 Duramax.

Back when I was comparing them, the Predator was more reliable and fit my needs better than the Bully.
I'm happy with it - easy to use. Price was fair.

This past summer, I tried it on the Performance tune (85 RWHP) - yikes - that made a HUGE difference. I didn't even want to try the Extreme tune (120 RWHP) Pretty wild. You'll like it.

My bias vote is for Predator.

Good luck.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neither, go with a Spartan or SCT, get a DPF delete and a cold air intake and you'll be good to go. There's many diesel forums online do a quick search.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
3 for the predator, 0 bullydog, 1 other.......might have to start a pole on this.......... I personally like edge and run and edge juice with attitude and also run the diablosport power puck(stacked chips);)

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 for the predator, 0 bullydog, 1 other.......might have to start a pole on this.......... I personally like edge and run and edge juice with attitude and also run the diablosport power puck(stacked chips);)

X2 for the Edge....

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya never said other if it is for a ford throw the SCT chip in it if it's dodge go with SMARTY and Chev go either PPE or EFI live for most power but between bully dog and predator go predator

ST1

Reaction score
The absolute best option Ford the 6.4l ford is the Spartan... we have tried almost every tuner out there in out shop 6.4 and nothing comes close to comparing. I would not even reccomend using a tuner on the truck unless you take off the cat/dpf system as any tuner is going to have much more soot output which will plug up your DPF even faster and will make the truck go into regen more often (watch that gas gauge race to the E) as well as kill the life of your DPF which is roughly a $3750.00 item from the dealer.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just run from bully is all i can say there is much better tuners out there hands down

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The spartan hands down, dont waste your time with a bullydog or diablosport. Yes it costs more seeing as you need to lose that pesky DPF but trust me its worth it.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spartan all the way, nothing else even comes close. Had a friend with an edge, went for a ride in mine with the 275hp tune, needless to say 1 edge programmer for sale that day.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go spartan hands down i ran a sperchips for a little while but the spartan is killer. you will love it and its safer for your truck it isnt generic programming its all custom to your truck, way more time spent and way more testing. and you will acually gain quite a bit in mileage.

Reaction score
just run from bully is all i can say there is much better tuners out there hands down

Hey i got a 2000 F-350 DRW with the 7.3 and 4.10 gears i got a bully dog and the bully dog air cleaner set up its fine on first setting get 2 to 3 more mpg but when i put it up the turbo or something sounds weird and blow black smoke what kind of mods did you do and how do you like them .Did you change the exhaust also let me know cause i want to change i get 13.0 MPG and that sucks i think. I Raced it and got 16.0 @85 MPH

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a chance to try a Diablosport Predator or a Bullydog programmer on my 08 6.4 anyone have thoughts on which one would be the better of the the 2 or has anyone used either of them?

Rob

Spartan all the way - with a DPF delete...no question:d

TRAV

Reaction score
The absolute best option Ford the 6.4l ford is the Spartan... we have tried almost every tuner out there in out shop 6.4 and nothing comes close to comparing. I would not even reccomend using a tuner on the truck unless you take off the cat/dpf system as any tuner is going to have much more soot output which will plug up your DPF even faster and will make the truck go into regen more often (watch that gas gauge race to the E) as well as kill the life of your DPF which is roughly a $3750.00 item from the dealer.

X2 on this

liquidpilgrim

Reaction score

Rob

Well personally I would recommend the diablosport.. I have also used it for long and really works so well.. But also heard of the Bully.. but your choice. ;)

Top Bottom