Denali decks .... I guess you get what you pay for :(

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would give a heads up for peeps looking at Denali decks.
The deck itself seems fine but the 2 piece ramp is a bit of a pain in the azz if trying to use on your own.
I've spent the past 3 days replacing the wiring all around the deck for the lights. The wires are all too brittle and short.
I tried to plug in my cable for the lights amd immediately broke the 4 wire connection off the deck wires. :(
Started to trace wires and found ALL the wires were crossed at the connections. I have now installed all new wiring.
Some of the bolts were loose under the deck where the legs are connected.
Went out and got all new super glides and clamps. Began installing superglides (nothing but plexiglass on the ramp) and then went to screw in the hooks for the clamps (holes pre-drilled and nuts welded underneath the deck).
Bolts would not begin to thread in.... you all know what was wrong already :) nuts were too small.... :(
Drill out the threads and run my hooks inside and install the nuts.

Now I realized when I went looking for a deck that I was going to try to save some $$$, but WOW !!??
The gentleman who sold me the deck is just the middleman and not his fault, but he was telling me they are selling like hotcakes.
Spend a little money to get the deck that is worth the money and get it installed and have some confidence in it when you leave with it !!!

RN

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yikes!!~

go Marathon. Cost more but awesome. I got a long box and a short box deck. Both lasted 4-5 years now with minimal problems. Just replaced plastic on ramps with superclamps... thats about it....

craptabulous

Reaction score
Alluminum jet craft out of gp . Mine is 14 years old , i have stacked 50 hay bales on it and on a few ocasions a pallet of wood pellets . Thats 2000 lbs on a pallet . Its indestructable .

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would give a heads up for peeps looking at Denali decks.
The deck itself seems fine but the 2 piece ramp is a bit of a pain in the azz if trying to use on your own.
I've spent the past 3 days replacing the wiring all around the deck for the lights. The wires are all too brittle and short.
I tried to plug in my cable for the lights amd immediately broke the 4 wire connection off the deck wires. :(
Started to trace wires and found ALL the wires were crossed at the connections. I have now installed all new wiring.
Some of the bolts were loose under the deck where the legs are connected.
Went out and got all new super glides and clamps. Began installing superglides (nothing but plexiglass on the ramp) and then went to screw in the hooks for the clamps (holes pre-drilled and nuts welded underneath the deck).
Bolts would not begin to thread in.... you all know what was wrong already :) nuts were too small.... :(
Drill out the threads and run my hooks inside and install the nuts.

Now I realized when I went looking for a deck that I was going to try to save some $$$, but WOW !!??
The gentleman who sold me the deck is just the middleman and not his fault, but he was telling me they are selling like hotcakes.
Spend a little money to get the deck that is worth the money and get it installed and have some confidence in it when you leave with it !!!

RN

cousin got one a week ago and i think he feels same way after really looking at it. Hopefully holds up.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know lots of guys with Denali decks that are perfectly happy with them. It's true every one of them needs to be rewired, but you can do a lot of wiring for the money you save. The welds on all my buddy's Denali's are holding up just as well as my Marathon. And check around.....they're not the only ones using 2 piece ramps.

bryan_117

Reaction score
I bought my deck used for 1200 bucks, bought 2 super clamps and some LED lights and a roll of wire. I re welded the hook on the ramp and re wired it and couldn't be happier. The 2 piece ramp can be a pain in the ass but I can load it myself with little trouble. For the 1700 ish bucks I've invested I think it was a steal.

Sent from my iPhone using

knocksum

Reaction score
Definitely happy with my denali deck. We all superglide the deck and ramp anyways. I do my own personal touch with wiring as well. Little bit of elbow grease to get the super clamps to work as they use a larger bolt amd nut. 1550 bucks it doesnt get any better. If you want all the bells and whistles buy your 4000 dollar unit. These require a bit of tweaking.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought mine used three years ago, rewired it and haven't looked at it since. The two piece ramp is no more awkward alone than my buddies Marathon sliding ramp is alone. Besides which, when was the last time you went riding alone anyway??? Help each other a bit and no problem. I am too cheap for superglides, I used 6 inch strips of plastic boxliner. I can put up with a lot of inconvenience for a couple grand savings.

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an 8 foot Denali deck for a couple years. Same as all of you I had to do some wiring work and put superglides on the 2 piece ramp. Also the wood they use on the top is junk. The aluminum construction was good. I was happy with the deck after the work I did to it but in my old age I am losing patient for crap like that. I would rather spend my time doing something else. You have to be prepared to do some work to it if you buy one new. If I was to buy a new deck I would look into Crosstracks out of Lacombe.

Revxm

Reaction score
I have a 3 year old marathon for a 6'5" box, it has a two piece ramp, you need the length unless your loading it in the trunk of a ford tempo! There are other good decks too though not just Marathon, a lot of competition now. Ramp is pretty simple to load, I mean really its aluminum and weighs next to nothing

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx guys.
Just wanted to give a few guys a heads up and have them prepared before they bought a deck to find out you have to rewire it or whatever else is needed.

PD/RN

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a used Denali 3 years ago and only issue is wiring. Knowing it was a cheap unit, I expected problems like cracking and thought I'd be doing some welding but holding up fine. The deck stays on my truck 12 months/year, I use it for sleds and quads. Even 2 heavy Polaris quads haven't broke it yet. My superclamp hooks threaded in no problem, maybe they changed them on newer ones?

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MLine outta GP is the best around I've seen, pricey starting around $4200 but the quality is second to none, the shop is still small enough the owner checks the quality of each build, custom options are cheaper if you request them during your build like powdercoat colors slip tank or toolbox access points headache racks are customizable, look great and haven't seen or heard of a complaint from anyone, hoping to get one built next season for my work truck, have a marathon on my girlfriends F150 and it's pretty good but it was a purchase based on price, 2 years old needs a full rewire and at least the sides will be going in for powdercoat to cover the bare aluminum and save the upkeep hassle

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MLiNE....buy it and use it. Mine looks like it will last a lifetime. Too notch great fit and finish!

orange stealth

Reaction score
Every deck has their problems. I had a marathon and I had to redo all the wiring and lights and it had several cracks in it and the decking for the slides were all warped. It was used when I bought it but still. Everything wears out eventually and for the 5 times a year I load mine up for a quick trip here or there my new Denali that I bought will work just fine.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alluminum jet craft out of gp . Mine is 14 years old , i have stacked 50 hay bales on it and on a few ocasions a pallet of wood pellets . Thats 2000 lbs on a pallet . Its indestructable .

Just bought a used Jet Craft deck , had to do a bit of tweaking but it is a solid deck. You can load a tank on that thing!!!!!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yikes!!~

go Marathon. Cost more but awesome. I got a long box and a short box deck. Both lasted 4-5 years now with minimal problems. Just replaced plastic on ramps with superclamps... thats about it....
I have a marathon and have had to do some of the same repairs. They cost more and good but there are oths out there that are better.

Top Bottom